What's new

Old time lurker, new poster

Hi everyone,

I used to come here long ago to read and lurk. Now posting for the first time.

I currently have an Edwin Jagger DE razor using Astra blades, and I'm very happy with it. I also have a Braun Series 7 as a backup but haven't used it in quite a while.

I still don't have a nice brush or straight razor yet, so I'm looking into getting those as well. Just using Nivea canned stuff for now, so I think I'd like to get some soaps.

Side note: I'm a home healthcare attendant for the disabled with a very low income, so maximum value is definitely my goal.

Look forward to coming back and lurking while occasionally posting.

John G.

Welcome to B&B. Maybe pick up a shave stick like Palmolive or Dove Mens 3 in one bar. You can get a good synthetic brush from many vendors for under 20 or a decent badger for about 30. You might want to do some research before buying a cheap boar, it may be more work than you are interested in for now.

You might want to try some sharper blades with the Jagger, they are a mild razor. There should be a newbie blade PIF available and many members just send people blades.

Welcome to B&B. I hope you enjoy your time here. There are many areas of interest, even beyond shaving, so keep lurking around the many sections.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia. Nothing wrong with canned Nivea products, I love them and used them for years. Still use them on different occasions.

Welcome! Fortunately, you can get excellent shaves for very little. Many of us go a little overboard with collecting and enjoying it as a hobby but, truth be told, I could be perfectly happy with $25 worth of gear that would last me at least a year. Happy shaves!

Welcome aboard. Great to have you jump in after lurking awhile.

That's the best part of wetshaving, there is commonality between more value-based approaches and more luxurious, all want a good shave and have lots of experience to share.

Welcome to B&B where the information is bountifully and the people are extraordinary. Hopefully we can aid in your hunt and continue the adventure that is shaving.

Welcome. When I first started I was on a low fixed income. B&B was a wealth of information and friendly people that helped me along the way. It really is a great community, and, I am always glad to return after an extended time away. One of the first soaps I found were Stirling who also have affordable brushes that are great to start out with. One of their finest badger brushes was the first affordable badger brush I had when I started over wet shaving that was worth a poot. It was usable long before my cheap boar brush was. They also offer synthetics if that is your thing. Their prices are fair and their products perform well. They have many options so you are bound to find something you like, and they have unscented to if that is how you roll. In short they are a good intro into wet shaving for people on a budget.

Top Bottom