What's new

Old Style Taylor's Cream

Those who prefer the old formulations of some of Taylor's creams may be interested to know that some are still available from trafalgarshop.com. I ordered a few items last week and the Rose and Avocado that I received were the old versions with the labels printed directly on the tubs. The Lemon & Lime appears to be the new version.

Dave.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a while now...

The prices are definitely not the lowest around, but they were my first source of quality products, so I order from them from time to time.

They also often seem to be able to fly under the radar of the Canada Border Services Agency and that can help with the price penalty, at least for those in Canada.

Dave.

DLB said:
...They also often seem to be able to fly under the radar of the Canada Border Services Agency and that can help with the price penalty, at least for those in Canada.

Dave.

Welcome Dave,

I have also purchased from the Trafalgar shop and wasn't impressed... when I ordered from them they were supposedly located witin Canada, but shipped from the USA and as a result I ended up paying taxes twice (and on over-priced goods that tax really adds up). After several months of un-answered e-mails I involved the BBB and managed to have the issue resolved, but I don't think that I would advocate that business to other Canadians as a result of my hardships in dealing with them. I must note, however, that I love the Trafalgar shop brush that I use - it is top-rate (IMHO).

Hmm. That's good to know. So far, I have been lucky. I've ordered a couple of times from them and haven't had any problem. I'll probably soon hear a knock at my door for saying this, but I've also somehow managed to avoid both taxes and duty.

My understanding is that they were originally located in Canada, but moved since most of their customers were in the USA. I originally ordered from them years ago specifically so I would not have to deal with customs.

Nevertheless, their prices are quite high and once they run out of old-style Rose and Avocado, there won't be much reason for me to test my luck again.

Dave.

Top Bottom