What's new

Old style Dominica bottles.

I just received my old style Dominica Bay Rum bottles, with cork stopper, from West Coast.
The juice inside is the same as the standard bottle, but I have to say that I prefer the look
of the old style packaging. They are the same shape as my vintage paper label bottle
shown on the right.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Received mine as well today. If the cork holds up I'll decant further purchases into the old style bottle.:thumbsup:

Bought some Suavecito Bay Rum along with the Dominica. Smells great, I will give it a try tomorrow. My bride took a whiff...got the smile of approval.

The corks hold up rather well. I've had the same cork stopper on my vintage bottle for a few years now and there have been no leaks.

My old style bottle (that I got in Dominica about 10 years ago) had its cork break in half. It still seals fine with half a cork. Of course, I now have half a cork floating in the St Lucia Bay Rum I decanted from the two liter Coke bottle of SL bay rum I got five years ago while on vacation. I should probably fish that half cork out of there somehow, but I have decided I don't care enough to do so.....

Even if the cork disintegrates, you can get a new one at Lowes/Home Depot for next to nothing. I've picked up several for old bottles I've bought with no corks.

I just decanted the contents of one new old style bottle into my vintage bottle.

If anyone would like the empty bottle just PM me and it is yours for free, US only please.

$empty1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom