What's new

Old Spice

I'm going to try Old Spice with the SMF Brush tomorrow. Has anyone tried this combo yet? (Gramps) Whoops! This should probably be in the Soap section. I'll get the hang of this soon>

Mike

rtaylor61 said:
I want some Old Spice soap... :sad:

Randy

Randy,
You aren't missing out too much.... the stuff is so old, it basically has no scent to it. It is a damn shame! I got a cake from Todd awhile back, and it is nice stuff and works very well - just didn't have much scent to it (although he forewarned me!) If my cake of Old Spice wasn't in a stasis field of Em's shave soap melted in a mug - i'd send it to ya!

Randy,
Dunno what the ramifications of the Old Spice a/s would be on the badger hair..... or how comfortable the shave would be with alchy on my face..... worth a shot though!

rtaylor61 said:
I want some Old Spice soap... :sad:

Randy

Randy,

It's not the cake soap, but I've got an extra tube of Old Spice shaving cream (made in India) I picked up in Katmandu this summer. You're welcome to it.

Hal

Hal,

I appreciate the offer, but from looking at my bathroom countertop, if I get hit by a flood, it may look like a detergent factory exploaded...foam and cream everywhere!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Hal,

I appreciate the offer, but from looking at my bathroom countertop, if I get hit by a flood, it may look like a detergent factory exploaded...foam and cream everywhere!

Randy

Like that hillarious scene in _The Party_ starring Peter Sellers. lol... :w00t:

Hal

halwilson said:
Randy,

It's not the cake soap, but I've got an extra tube of Old Spice shaving cream (made in India) I picked up in Katmandu this summer. You're welcome to it.

Hal

Hal, Does the Old Spice in the tube have the classic Old Spice scent?

mike said:
Hal, Does the Old Spice in the tube have the classic Old Spice scent?

Hi Mike,

Well, sort of. The scent is certainly not as distinct as the Old Spice aftershave I have. Your welcome to try some. Send me a PM along with your address and I'll be glad to send ya a tube.

Hal

halwilson said:
Hi Mike,

Well, sort of. The scent is certainly not as distinct as the Old Spice aftershave I have. Your welcome to try some. Send me a PM along with your address and I'll be glad to send ya a tube.

Hal

Hal, I received the Old Spice Lather Cream today. As you noted, the scent is not as pronounced as the after shave, but it is definitely Old Spice. I tried it this evening and I must say I was quite surprised. It lathered up nicely, and provided me with a nice confortable shave. It certainly does not rank up there with the 3 T's but it was not that far off. I am going to talk with my Indian friend and see if he can get me a case. Again, thank you for sending me a tube to try.

mike said:
Hal, I received the Old Spice Lather Cream today. As you noted, the scent is not as pronounced as the after shave, but it is definitely Old Spice. I tried it this evening and I must say I was quite surprised. It lathered up nicely, and provided me with a nice comfortable shave. It certainly does not rank up there with the 3 T's but it was not that far off. I am going to talk with my Indian fried and see if he can get me a case. Again, thank you for sending me a tube to try.

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you got the Old Spice shave cream. I concur with your observations. It does provide a decent shave but not as nice as those fine English creams. I don't know if you like sandalwood, but if your going to be contacting your Indian friend, I recommend asking him to get you a tube of Vicco Tumeric Shaving (with Sandalwood oil and foam base) as well. This stuff has a really nice scent and is a step up from the Old Spice (IMHO). I really like the Vicco ayurvedic product, and plan to put in my travel kit on my next trip. I'd be interested in knowing what you think of it.

Hal

Top Bottom