What's new

Old Spice

I have a good feeling there's some clove in the original formula, too.

Wish ClubmanRob was still around, he'd know the answer
:frown:

Yeah

I just recently found two Shultons glass bottles at a flea market. The large bottle is about half full and I paid fifty cents, the small bottle is unused and still in the cardboard box and it cost one dollar.

For a second, I thought you were a new member. You changed your avy!

Great score!

I have, and have used the P&G, Ivy Club, CVS and Indian (Shulton) versions of Old Spice. I like the CVS and Ivy Club better than P&G but I still prefer the scent of Indian version most. Deeper and richer than any of the others.

I have, and have used the P&G, Ivy Club, CVS and Indian (Shulton) versions of Old Spice. I like the CVS and Ivy Club better than P&G but I still prefer the scent of Indian version most. Deeper and richer than any of the others.

Yo!
Where do you find Indian Old Spice? Online or is there an Indian store somewhere in Huntsville that sells it?
I dig Ivory Club but would like to try the Indian.
Wp

Online is probably your best bet for the Indian stuff. Shoebox Shaveshop and TSD carry it, among other places.

Plastic weighs less and is therefore cheaper to ship. Don't think cheap, think Carbon Offsets

It also happens derived from oil. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yo!
Where do you find Indian Old Spice? Online or is there an Indian store somewhere in Huntsville that sells it?
I dig Ivory Club but would like to try the Indian.
Wp
Got it online(The Shave Den & ShoeBox Shave Shop). There are a couple of Indian grocery shops in H'ville; Jordan Ln & University Dr. Last time I was in though they didn't have anything.

There are a couple of Indian grocery shops in H'ville; Jordan Ln & University Dr. Last time I was in though they didn't have anything.

I asked Kemal at the Sitar restaurant on Jordan Ln if he knew anyplace that sold Indian OS and imported blades and he told me about the store but said he didn't think it had anything like that.

Also went into a Mexican Grocery in Albertville lookin for the Latin American Gillette blades and they brought me out a packet of ASR blades from Fred's :biggrin: Not QUITE what I was looking for! lol!
Wp

It gets tricky. IIRC, Clubman Rob pointed out that Shulton reformulated Old Spice when saccharine got on the bad stuff list in Canada, so a purist might find a difference in the original saccharine OS and the stuff Shulton made after that.

In addition, some vintage stuff has gone bad, so when you open up a decades old bottle it might not represent what it once was.

I wonder if any Shulton employees held on to the formula? The vintage Old Spice scent is a bit of American history that will cease to be at some point, unless somebody re-creates it.

The vintage Old Spice scent is a bit of American history that will cease to be at some point, unless somebody re-creates it.

True Dat, Playa!

I always loved the Shulton OS even when I was a kid.
Never tried the Indian and do not like the new PG in the least but Ivory Club is close enough to send me to memory lane when I splash it on.
I would say the Ivory Club scent is 92.4 % faithful to the original whereas current OS ticks in at around 76.7%. The Indian I don't know.
Wp

+1 for the Ivy Club. Just pick some up at Family Dollar right down the street. It was under my nose all the time.

It's been years since I smelled OS. It really took me back. Everyone in my family took a whiff...it was unanimous (thumbs up).

Top Bottom