What's new

Old Spice Soap.

I know Old Spice does not make shaving soap any longer. I was wondering if there is anything comparable (smell) on the market now? I used to love the smell of Grandad's old spice sitting on the sink when I was a kid. I also saw a post (can't find it now) about adding colognes to an unscented glycerine soap. Has anyone actually tried this? If so how did it work out?

It IS comparable!
Mix it a little "thick" and it is just as the soap.:biggrin:

They also carry the Limes and Musk "flavors".

But, just a note... it isn't "Brushless" cream. You do use the brush!

Happy Lathering.

- Gramps

Cutthroat said:
I know Old Spice does not make shaving soap any longer. I was wondering if there is anything comparable (smell) on the market now? I used to love the smell of Grandad's old spice sitting on the sink when I was a kid. I also saw a post (can't find it now) about adding colognes to an unscented glycerine soap. Has anyone actually tried this? If so how did it work out?

If your patient and watch ebay the Old Spice mugs sometimes come up unused. I got one recently, see this thread.

Cutthroat said:

I just found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...1&from=R8&satitle=6638616614&category0=&fvi=1

It might satisfy your nostalgic yearnings.

dadwasright said:
Outrageous shipping, indeed. I cancelled.

I look at it a little differently. I like the smell of Old Spice, therefore I'm willing to pay a premium. I can't get it anywhere but India, so I buy in bulk, in order to bring my cost per tube down. I purchased 12 tubes a while back for the sum of $56.00. I don't care what the shipping charges are, all i care about is that I got 12 tubes of Old Spice for $4.66 per tube. Hard to do better than that.

Cutthroat said:

Try the Honeybee Spa shaving soap (http://stores.ebay.com/Honeybee-Spa-Soaps) They have an Old Spice scent that is great. The soap is also fantastic. You can look up the ingredients and fragrances by clicking on "About the Seller" towards the top on the left side of the screen. Kind of awkward to find, but the information is there. I got the Old spice and just love it. I have been a big fan of Old Spice since I first started shaving in 1960-61. I have now tried 3 of the Honeybee soaps and find they are absolutely exceptional. Can't beat the price either.

Bud

Top Bottom