What's new

Old Spice Shaving Mug

You lucky gentlemen make me envious! My dad had an Old Spice mug for years--don't know what happened to it though. I would have to one on a non-slip mat to whip up lather due to arthritis.

MrLara made some great lids, the 3D printer could be a winner, or a lathe will do the job. Different years/models take different sizes.
0E654C2D-E226-4C42-9ED8-A4696D80303B.jpeg

4DC26212-99B2-44B3-8319-0ED5F51BD84F.jpeg

You lucky gentlemen make me envious! My dad had an Old Spice mug for years--don't know what happened to it though. I would have to one on a non-slip mat to whip up lather due to arthritis.

I was fortunate to have mine sent to me through the generosity of one of our members. I’ve been too afraid to use it but it’s being held in safe keeping in my den.

I'm looking at this mug. It's in like-new condition. The seller is asking $15. Do you guys think its worth it?

Attachments

• 00909_ey6FxsipoFb_1200x900.jpg
    00909_ey6FxsipoFb_1200x900.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 00p0p_6gL8fA9bNH1_1200x900.jpg
    00p0p_6gL8fA9bNH1_1200x900.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 00t0t_jjVljZP1DyR_1200x900.jpg
    00t0t_jjVljZP1DyR_1200x900.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 43
That’s higher than I would go (I‘m a bargain hunter in the wild), but a fair higher end price.

The Old Spice Collectibles website won’t try to set prices, but it will give you a lot of background on the different mugs through the years. Yours would be the ‘Late Glass Mug 02 - 1964 to 1978’.

I'm looking at this mug. It's in like-new condition. The seller is asking $15. Do you guys think its worth it?
Maybe look at an assortment listing that includes the mug. That’s how I got mine. I also got NOS old spice aftershave in a small listing that came with 2 Gillette new sc’s an NOS boar brush and nice mug for soaking the brush in. I think I paid $14 for it all.

Maybe look at an assortment listing that includes the mug. That’s how I got mine. I also got NOS old spice aftershave in a small listing that came with 2 Gillette new sc’s an NOS boar brush and nice mug for soaking the brush in. I think I paid $14 for it all.

And then there was the guy on the SR acquisition thread who picked up a sweet, clean Filharmonica for $15 the other day. I‘m just going to stand here and wait to be hit by an unobtainium meteorite! It’s my turn! :biggrin1:

And then there was the guy on the SR acquisition thread who picked up a sweet, clean Filharmonica for $15 the other day. I‘m just going to stand here and wait to be hit by an unobtainium meteorite! It’s my turn! :biggrin1:

I find that single item listings tend to have more value placed on the one item. However someone selling a small lot of items doesn't take the time to always know what they have, and as a result you can often get the lot for very little. I got a Gillette richwood new standard and a rubberset 400-4 lightly used with the original box and about 40 other razors for less than the rubberset would go for listed by itself.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It is nice to get a bargain up to a point. Stories of "I scored a gold toggle for $5" don't sit too well with me. It seems like taking advantage of someone to me, and the buyer goes down a little in my estimation. An auction is one thing but a ridiculously low asking price is another. I guess it is a judgement for each person and their own moral compass. Sorry to sound sanctimonious. 👍

Top Bottom