What's new

Old Spice Shaving Mug

Hi All,

I know im taking f a shot in the dark here but if theres a place to ask a question like this... Its B&B.

I'm new to wet shaving and the only mug I own along with a brush, was a hand me down from my Grandad who passed away a few years ago so has become more important to me. I've seen some of the mugs on Ebay for sale but I'm only looking for a lid which unfortunately wasnt with the mug when he gave me it. Is this something that you can purchase from somewhere/someone in the UK or online or would I need to buy a new mug just to get a lid?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_093539.jpg
    IMG_20200610_093539.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200610_093623.jpg
    IMG_20200610_093623.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 51
Cheater thats the English Old Spice Mug !!!! I want one of them so bad , hard to find . Also that Jubilee Bottle !! I lived in Yorkshire for 5 yrs as a child ( Air Force Brat)

Hi,

I have been using Old Spice mugs since, oh, about 1978 after Yardley in the wooden bowl (with wooden lid) evaporated. The OS lids were thin red plastic and useless except as the intended protection of the soap in the mug during packaging in the factory.

So, I have always used all of mine (I think I have six now, two were from my dad after he passed in 1995 and still have OS soap in them) minus a lid. Since I face-lather, the drying of the soap is a feature. You don't use much soap face-lathering. That also explains the extra OS mugs with different soaps in them (including the two with OS still in).

I was also going to suggest making a lid. In my case, I have a machine shop (dad was a toolmaker) and operate on the opposite principal of a 3D printer: Cut away what don't look like what you want. ;)

Stan

Would you believe it. It turns out the lid was with the mug when my Grandad gave me it but was hiding away in the back of an unused beside table for years. A good thorough rummage done the trick. Not in the best condition but im a happy man!! @bjm 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_20200611_153854.jpg
    IMG_20200611_153854.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 70
Congrats @Dcshaves! I just got an old spice shaving mug which is something I have wanted since I started de shaving 7 or more years ago. I did not know that there was a cover that came with the old spice shaving mug. So taking advice from other posts above. You can get a lid for your old spice shaving mug for a $1.99.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom