What's new

Old Spice scented soap recommendations

I am a longtime Old Spice lover. I am interested in your suggestions for the best Old Spice (Shulton style) shaving soap. I have Soap Commanders version but have learned that I am more of a tallow fan.

I've never used old spice shaving soap but if it smells like the aftershave and cologne then try Stirling's Stirling Spice it's spot on and lathers like a dream.

I have memories of the vintage OS soap that I used in the old days (it came in OS mugs)! To me nothing comes close (but then my memory may be playing tricks.) Let us know if you find something that works out.

Has anybody tried buying their favorite unscented soap and then mixing some Old Spice AS with the soap? Seems like a great way to make a perfect match but might take some experimentation.

Please do yourself a favor and try Barrister & Mann's new reserve line Spice. You'll be glad you did!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Are you looking for a soap scented like the original OS soap, or a soap that performs like the original soap. That's two completely different questions.

There's 2 that I own and use.

Stirling Spice
Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice

Stirling's pricepoint is superb and performance is well above average and you get 5.8oz of soap. B&M's Reserve soap base is nothing short of spectacular but it costs a little more and you get the standard 4oz. Either way you can't go wrong

+1 Barrister & Mann Spice - very good match to the original Old Spice scent. Highly recommend the matching Reserve Spice aftershave also. I like the Stirling Spice and Soap Commander also. But the scent and performance of B&M Reserve is tough to beat.

Are you looking for a soap scented like the original OS soap, or a soap that performs like the original soap. That's two completely different questions.
Never used OS soap. Just looking for soap with scent of old OS.

Sounds like B&M Spice is highly recommended by majority of people with several votes for Stirling Spice. I have used Stirling soaps and know they perform well. Think I may use this opportunity to give B&M a try. I have seen only good recs about B&M products on this site.

Matt

I really like Stirling Spice soap and AS, I do occasionally use some vintage OS AS with it and the are very close to identical

I am not aware of a tallow based soap with an OS scent; however, you can't go wrong with either Soap Commander Endurance or Stirling Spice, IMO.

If tallow is what you are looking for try Cooper and French Old Goat. I picked up a tub of there Rum Runner and got the samples for free that included Old Goat. I am not really a fan of there soaps but the scent of Old Goat is quite nice and smell like Old Spice. At one time I guess they had a Vegan formula which I would have like to try but they only sell tallow now.

I tried Mama Bears Aged Spice and I got a skin reaction for it. But that is a vegan soap.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I never tried the soap but I just got some B&M aftershave samples and their "Spice" smells exactly like I remember the Old Spics AS from the 80's smelled.

Top Bottom