What's new

old spice original scent aftershave

hey peeps i was wondering if anyone knew any vendor who sells a similar aftershave similar to the original old spice scent? my reason is i was given a recent old spice aftershave and its pretty weak and doesn't have the same strength as the original did.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

I have a small bottle of Old Spice purchased from a Dollar General that has a stronger fragrance than the large bottles Walmart sells. Either I lucked out on an old bottle of Old Spice at Dollar General, or there's a difference between the two. Still use the small bottle on Sundays. The rest of the week, I use the weak stuff.

any vi jon made spice from the dollar stores use the original formula also you can still get india old spice online that had the original formula.... there are many many threads already available on here that discuss this extensively... some of them have been in the last week or so.....

If you want something even stronger than the Dollar General and the Indian, you should consider Barrister and Mann’s Reserve Spice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t seen Vi Jon Spice anywhere in ages.

You might want to try Stirling as they have a version of old spice that is close to the original.

I haven’t seen Vi Jon Spice anywhere in ages.

You might want to try Stirling as they have a version of old spice that is close to the original.
i went to a fred's and they have it......just a note freds is shutting down operations and currently has 70 % off so i bought the bottles for less than $1.25 each....

If you want something even stronger than the Dollar General and the Indian, you should consider Barrister and Mann’s Reserve Spice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i didnt say dollar general btw.....but i agree i have heard good things about the B&M and Stirling too......

i went to a fred's and they have it......just a note freds is shutting down operations and currently has 70 % off so i bought the bottles for less than $1.25 each....

If you mean the stuff in cream colored plastic bottles with the embossed map compass above the label, it used to be my go-too, but wasn't quite the same. The main thing, though, is that it doesn't seem to keep. After not that many years on the shelf, I squirted some into my hand, and oh, my, the stench. It had picked up something horrible, maybe from the bottle. I discarded it.

hey peeps i was wondering if anyone knew any vendor who sells a similar aftershave similar to the original old spice scent? my reason is i was given a recent old spice aftershave and its pretty weak and doesn't have the same strength as the original did.

You can still get the original, look for Shulton brand, it's imported from India. I can get it from a local store but I believe Amazon has it. But be careful and check for Shulton and from India, otherwise it's the new version.

If you mean the stuff in cream colored plastic bottles with the embossed map compass above the label, it used to be my go-too, but wasn't quite the same. The main thing, though, is that it doesn't seem to keep. After not that many years on the shelf, I squirted some into my hand, and oh, my, the stench. It had picked up something horrible, maybe from the bottle. I discarded it.
it does leech if you keep it in those bottles but its very easy to decant into another container.......

Gas chromatography has been done that shows very little difference between new and vintage Old Spice. And what differences exist are positive (greater longevity):

In India, Old Spice is licensed to various cosmetic and chemical companies- lots of different manufacturers make it, and there are subtle differences between each one, mostly in the sourcing of the chemicals.

Shulton hasn't been "making" Old Spice since 1970. In that year, it was sold to American Cyanamid, a chemical business... years before it was sold to Proctor and Gamble. "Shulton" was retained as what amounted to a brand name.

Therres a lot of artisans who make homage scents that are similar to the original Old Spice. PAA has, "Cold Spices", B&M has, "Reserve Spice", Stirling has, "Stirling Spice". All of them are better than the current P&G Old Spice, IMO.

it does leech if you keep it in those bottles but its very easy to decant into another container.......

It's a matter of choosing the form of your destructor. If you decant a fragrance, it could aerate it and you will lose some of the top notes.

P&G at least went to the effort with Old Spice to choose plastic bottles that don't outgas.

I'm clumsy so I generally prefer plastic bottles on cheaper fragrances and toiletries. Why Nivea insists on using a glass bottle, for instance, is baffling.

I know that most prefer the Indian version. It is closer to the "original" scent.

I use it once in a blue moon. An outdated scent that brings memories...

Therres a lot of artisans who make homage scents that are similar to the original Old Spice. PAA has, "Cold Spices", B&M has, "Reserve Spice", Stirling has, "Stirling Spice". All of them are better than the current P&G Old Spice, IMO.

Going by my memories, Reserve Spice is the closest to the Original Old Spice.

Top Bottom