What's new

Old Spice Lagoon AS

Just got this in the mail today! Old Spice Lagoon after shave - ordered it on Sep 6, and it only took a week and a half to get here from Bulgaria.

My initial impression straight from the bottle is that it is a little sweet, but I won't really know until I try it out tomorrow morning. Can't wait!!
IMG_20170918_140535.jpg IMG_20170918_140552.jpg IMG_20170918_140609.jpg IMG_20170918_140626.jpg IMG_20170918_140636.jpg IMG_20170918_140651.jpg

I'm not an Old Spice fan by any means (so take this with a grain of salt), but "Lagoon" is not a name that makes me want to buy an aftershave.

After shaving with my MMOC this morning, I splashed on some Lagoon. This feels just like any other Old Spice AS - it gave my skin that nice powdery smooth feeling once it dried.

The scent is a little hard for me to pick apart. The top note smells almost the same as the OS Swagger, kind of a fougere, with maybe some lavender tucked away underneath it. As it's drying down, it's pretty subtle - not as strong or as sweet smelling as the Swagger. But it's still a pleasant scent. This would be a good scent for someone who works in one of those PC "scent free" offices. I can smell it, but I doubt everyone around me can.

I'm sure it will morph a little more later one. If it does, I'll report back!

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
After shaving with my MMOC this morning, I splashed on some Lagoon. This feels just like any other Old Spice AS - it gave my skin that nice powdery smooth feeling once it dried.

The scent is a little hard for me to pick apart. The top note smells almost the same as the OS Swagger, kind of a fougere, with maybe some lavender tucked away underneath it. As it's drying down, it's pretty subtle - not as strong or as sweet smelling as the Swagger. But it's still a pleasant scent. This would be a good scent for someone who works in one of those PC "scent free" offices. I can smell, but I doubt everyone around me can.

I'm sure it will morph a little more later one. If it does, I'll report back!
Please keep us posted! Totally unheard-of by me.

I'm not an Old Spice fan by any means (so take this with a grain of salt), but "Lagoon" is not a name that makes me want to buy an aftershave.
LOL! I get what you're saying!
upload_2017-9-19_9-45-15.png

This was manufactured in Italy, I believe, so I'll have to check and see if "Lagoon" has a different meaning over in Europe. I sure wouldn't want to use one named "Swamp"!

OK, so it's about 7 hours after I applied it, and I can barely smell this aftershave now. I can still smell it if I put my hand up to my nose, and it's pretty much just a light lavender scent now.

I did Google the word "lagoon", clicked on images, and there are some very pretty pictures of crystal clear, blue water lagoons, so I can see why they named it this way.

Overall, I like this aftershave. It's not a very powerful scent, but it is a pleasant scent. And, it came in nice glass bottle with some cool foreign script on it!

I think I'll try out another non-US Old Spice scent next month!

Thanks for the review. I'd dismissed OS for years, until I tried Swagger. Once that's gone, I'll be on the hunt for another.

Thanks for the review. I'd dismissed OS for years, until I tried Swagger. Once that's gone, I'll be on the hunt for another.
I have to give you credit for opening my eyes to the alternate OS scents, when you told us all about the Swagger! I had no idea P&G was hiding these things over in Europe.

Thanks!

Does the Lagoon ‘reactivate’ at all when you splash some warm water on it after a while? I enjoy when I can bring an AS back to life a little bit during the day with a light splash to the face, for a bit of a scent pick-me-up.

What are the scents descriptions of the European veresions? The sound intersting
I'm not really sure. The ones I've found online don't really describe the scent, just that it's "refreshing" or some other general non-descriptive terms. I haven't really dug into the reviews on Amazon yet, so there may be something more definitive there.

I didn't know the scent descriptions of the Lagoon or Swagger, but I just figured "what the heck?".

Does the Lagoon ‘reactivate’ at all when you splash some warm water on it after a while? I enjoy when I can bring an AS back to life a little bit during the day with a light splash to the face, for a bit of a scent pick-me-up.
It does a little, but it's such a light scent after it dries down, so there's not a lot to reactivate. You can smell it on your hands, but it's nothing like washing your hands in the afternoon after using Clubman Original that morning.

Top Bottom