What's new

Old Spice deodorant chemical burns!

Well that was an interesting read. Old Spice is the only Deodorant that works for me. I have had a rash before from trying other brands, so I would have to ask why people stubbornly stick with something rather than experiment with new things?

Well, I was buying Old Spice deodorant, shampoo, and styling gel at Big Lots for cheap, but they've disappeared from their shelves and I guess I'm just not willing to pay full price. Good ride while it lasted, didn't notice any irritation and was hoping to get some more at a good price.

There are so many reactions, allergic, sensitivity, etc. that any one person can have that I'm not surprised that someone has had a rash from using Old Spice deodorant. I found it interesting that they're suing for the cost of the product that they had to throw away, unless you're buying in bulk it's going to be about $5 per stick.

Last edited:
Hmm. I've used Old Spice antiperspirant for YEARS in the past (including Pure Sport and Swagger) and I'm using the deodorant right now...no issues at all. But don't the labels on ALL deodorants say "if rash or irritation develops, discontinue use"? I just read that on both Old Spice and Speed Stick that I have.

I did get a rash from Mitchum once, when I was 18 or 19. I discontinued use. Maybe I should've sued them instead?

Sheesh.

I'm picky about DO because I've had rashes from several. Seems to happen more with the translucent DO than with the whitish anti-perspirant sticks. Every "gel" stick I've tried gives me a rash. It never even crossed my mind that someone would sue over this. We are such a litigious society that it amazes me everything we buy isn't ridiculously priced to cover liability.

Just found this thread. I used Old Spice deodorant for years until about a year ago when I was getting irritation and burns under my arm. I didn't suspect the Old Spice at first because I had used for so long with no problem. Once I narrowed it to the Old Spice, I wrote the company asking if the formula had changed and what was up all of a sudden. Response was basically nothing has changed, if you have a problem throw it away and that was it. Have been very wary of what deodorant to use since I didn't know if I developed an issue with an ingredient or it was just them. Have avoided any with the same ingredients since then but now realize it may have just been something in there product. Shame on them for ignoring. When I tried to find the problem I came across sooooo many people complaining and showing pics of burns like mine that this was NOT an isolated irritant but a change in ingredients no doubt to save money by P&G.

Yeah I can't use OS original deodorant. Soaps, shampoo and AS are fine

Deo is the only one that has ever giving me a rash. I've also never had armpit rash with any other brand or scent in my entire life.

Yeah I can't use OS original deodorant. Soaps, shampoo and AS are fine

Deo is the only one that has ever giving me a rash. I've also never had armpit rash with any other brand or scent in my entire life.
Good to know about no issues with other products I'm assuming with similar ingredient. Can't think of what it was but 1st in the list. I liked theirs because it went on clear. Hate the white clumping from others.

I have used Old Spice (classic), nearly exclusively for over 60 years -- and have never had a problem.
I used the pure sport with different ingredients apparently from researching (Dipropylene Glycol, Water, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Fragrance, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether, Tetrasodium EDTA, Violet 2, Green 6)

So funny I just posted on a different thread that OS High Endurance is the only deo that works for me and does not cause irritation.

I was using Irish Spring Speedstick antipersp for years. Then i read theres some chemcals in antipersp that are bad. So i switched to Brut deodorant in the round cannister. Lately it was no longer for sale in my store so i bought Old Spice original in the ovoid container (that said same stuff as round container) on the label. It took a few weeks until i developed the same burn/rash as in pics online. It was only in 1 side and i had flu that same time so i was worried i could have an unrelated lymph infection.
But my burns looked like other peoples online and when i stopped using OS it went away. Im back using up Irish Spring antipersp i had stocked up on before.
The problem i had with the Brut original deodorant is if i forgot to put the cap back on the product would shrivel up like an old prune.

Top Bottom