What's new

Old Spice Classic Scented Body Wash

I tried the Old Spice Classic scented body wash this morning, and I can think of one word to describe it ... intoxicating. I was going to use the word WOW :w00t: but I wasnt sure if thats a word.

Right now I am so pumped to use it again tomorrow, but I might not be able to wait, so I might have to shower again tonight just to use it.

The scent is masculine. No powdery here. Very warm & spicy. I detect clove & vanilla underneath. Its the perfect fall scent IMO. Old Spice has the other scented body washes covered but if your looking for a body wash with the Old Spice cologne or A/S fragrance ... this is the one :thumbup1:

Its just that classic Old Spice scent which makes it unique in terms of other scents, setting itself apart from all the other scented body washes on the market. The only other body wash scent that comes to mind in similarity is that of Molton Brown Re-charge Black Pepper if i remember correctly. But no Spa scent, Pomegranite, Oatmeal & Honey, Citrus scents here ... just classic spicy goodness.

Has anyone else tried it and how do you like it? :001_smile

I LOVE it.
It is the one Old Spice product which I still buy (Ivory Club for AS now).
My girlfriend gave me a new bottle of it just last week :biggrin:
Wp

I've used it for about a year and half now. One thing I noticed right off is that it doesn't feel like it rinses off completely. I notice this more with "city" water than I do at home with well water.

It's nice stuff and the scent dies down quickly enough that it goes well with most A/S and colognes.

Damn. I might have to cave and try this.

I'm still clinging to a few vestiges of my pre-wet shaving self, and one of them is showering with Ivory or Irish Spring.

Damn. I might have to cave and try this.

I'm still clinging to a few vestiges of my pre-wet shaving self, and one of them is showering with Ivory or Irish Spring.

Topgumby I know what a fan you are of Old Spice. Actually, I am surprised you dont use this one already.:wink:
But for Old Spice or Club D'Ivoire fans this one is a no brainer. Put aside all Old Spice's other body washes. This doesnt compare. It cant even be put in the same category as their other ones.
You wont look back.

Went to WallyWorld to get a 35 shot pump action Nerf gun.

Don't worry, it's not shaving related.

Had to check it out. Whaddaya know, on sale for $3.50 for the 18 oz.

I'll report back after my first shower. I'll know it's good if I find myself whistling.

Hey, I like this stuff!

Last edited:
Picked up a bottle a few weeks ago only because it was the cheapest that the store had. I love it and will be buying more when the time comes.

I tried to pick this up today and I couldn't find it. I found 6 different varieties of Old Spice shower gel at the grocery store and afterwards at Walgreen's, but no "Classic." I'm bummed. I guess I'll try Target and Wal-Mart next.

I've used it for about a year and half now. One thing I noticed right off is that it doesn't feel like it rinses off completely. I notice this more with "city" water than I do at home with well water.

It's nice stuff and the scent dies down quickly enough that it goes well with most A/S and colognes.

Your mention of rinsing off completely prompted me to enter this post. I have been using traditional bar soap in the shower for years and only recently switched to the liquid stuff. I picked Liquid Zest Ocean Energy Body Wash because I loved the clean fresh scent. I was in direct communication with Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati when I bought it and was told that all liquid body washes rinse off more thoroughly than any bar soap. Bar soap (because of the way it's made to be solid) has ingredients in it which will always leave a little residue. But the liquid stuff is made differently so there is much less risk of any left-behind residue on the skin.

Well, I hate to interupt the Old Spice love being bandied about like fake blood at a Kiss concert, but I found that the OS Classic was too drying for my skin. Also, the scent seemed to linger and I worried about AS clash. That being said, I do love the scent. I am a Dove body wash guy. Scent washes off, and more moisturizing.

Jeff

Well, I hate to interupt the Old Spice love being bandied about like fake blood at a Kiss concert, but I found that the OS Classic was too drying for my skin. Also, the scent seemed to linger and I worried about AS clash. That being said, I do love the scent. I am a Dove body wash guy. Scent washes off, and more moisturizing.

Jeff

I too like the scent, but cringe at seeing both Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) together. It's unnecessary, since the other Old Spice body washes have just the SLES and lather fine. I find the combination of the two surfactants to be very drying on my skin.

Your mention of rinsing off completely prompted me to enter this post. I have been using traditional bar soap in the shower for years and only recently switched to the liquid stuff. I picked Liquid Zest Ocean Energy Body Wash because I loved the clean fresh scent. I was in direct communication with Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati when I bought it and was told that all liquid body washes rinse off more thoroughly than any bar soap. Bar soap (because of the way it's made to be solid) has ingredients in it which will always leave a little residue. But the liquid stuff is made differently so there is much less risk of any left-behind residue on the skin.

Funny you should mention Zest. My grandparents used bar Zest exclusively 25 years ago. To me, Zest never felt like it rinsed off completely either. In fact this is what I thought of the first time I used OS body wash. But as I mentioned I only feel less thoroughly rinsed when using city water. Both at my in-laws and then again recently at a hotel.

I'm sure P&G tested this but as with almost everything around here, YMMV.

I use bar soaps generally because they last longer, but I have to say that in general, body washes rinse off cleaner for me. And I've never had an issue with the surfecants.

The blurb on the back is great though: "The Original. If your grandfather hadn't used it, you wouldn't exist." :biggrin::lol:

Last edited:
proxy.php

Well, it's still listed on the Old Spice website...my WallyWorld stopped carrying it awhile back, so If I want to replenish my stockpile (and, why not!) I'd have to look online.

Top Bottom