What's new

Old Spice Classic aftershave discontinued??

I called the Old Spice consumer site today and questioned the rep about Old Spice aftershave, and of rumors online of it being dropped by P&G. The response I got was the product remains one of Old Spice brand's best sellers and should be available nationwide at supermarkets, drug stores and numerous online vendors.

This is why I love B&B! Who else would do this :)?

What a timely topic. Last year my wife poured my P&G OS and BM OS clone down the drain as part of a larger cleanup. So I am reviewing my remaining Indian OS and Dollar Store clone. The scent of the Dollar Store is too weak and while I like the scent of the Indian OS it really stings when I put it on. I would be curious if others have experience this stinging with the Indian OS and if the alcohol content is on the high side.

The scent of the BM clone was too strong for me. I guess I am off to the store to pickup some P&G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

while I like the scent of the Indian OS it really stings when I put it on. I would be curious if others have experience this stinging with the Indian OS and if the alcohol content is on the high side.
definitely !!! but that's what i liked about it. I gave a bottle to my dad, who used real Old Spice all thru the 1970s, 80s, 90s...and i told him "try this - it's good like the old vintage stuff." A week or 2 later he gave the bottle back and said - "Are you nuts ?!?!? This is way too strong !!!!!"

hahaha, kinda shows how we're all different and remember things differently. maybe my memories of the 1980s/90s Old Spice being really strong were just because I was a dopey little kid messing with his dad's aftershave, but to him at the time, it wasn't that strong at all.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I don't see any evidence it's being discontinued.

Old-fashioned aftershave in general doesn't seem to sell very well to young people, so my guess is that it's availability will vary from location to location.

This is why I love B&B! Who else would do this :)?

What a timely topic. Last year my wife poured my P&G OS and BM OS clone down the drain as part of a larger cleanup. So I am reviewing my remaining Indian OS and Dollar Store clone. The scent of the Dollar Store is too weak and while I like the scent of the Indian OS it really stings when I put it on. I would be curious if others have experience this stinging with the Indian OS and if the alcohol content is on the high side.

The scent of the BM clone was too strong for me. I guess I am off to the store to pickup some P&G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Indian OS is too strong from an alcohol standpoint, you can always dilute it. You can wet your hands and add a few drops of the OS and then apply. You can also add small amounts of vegetable gylcerin or Aloe Vera. Other options would be Jajoba oil, Grapeseed oil, Almond oil, Olive oil, Sunflower seed oil, or Coconnut oil. Not only will that reduce the stinging, but it will add some skin moisturizing properties.

Betting it was being discontinued at a store or group of stores. That happened a bit ago when English Leather started selling at Walmart. They couldn’t make enough fast enough for the Walmart order so they stopped supplying it elsewhere for a while to fulfill the order.

Betting it was being discontinued at a store or group of stores. That happened a bit ago when English Leather started selling at Walmart. They couldn’t make enough fast enough for the Walmart order so they stopped supplying it elsewhere for a while to fulfill the order.

Mass-market national brands in general are taking a hit, between the growth in generic and boutique products.

Yes, that's what I think, also. Or perhaps said store or group of stores, or the store supplier is going from the small bottle to large bottle, or vice-versa. Since this thread began last week, every store I went into that I knew has stocked it in the past, had inventory. My Walmart employed wife that runs the health and beauty area told me last week that Old Spice aftershave sells too well to get dropped.

I just bought some. It is not what I remember.
What about Old Spice do you remember? If you haven't used Old Spice in say, a decade, then today's version is not what you remember. The current version is called Classic, it is cinnamon and sweet. The version of years ago called Original, was floral and powdery with a hint of spice. But just ask the manufacturer, Procter & Gamble, they never changed anything. Yeah right.

What about Old Spice do you remember? If you haven't used Old Spice in say, a decade, then today's version is not what you remember. The current version is called Classic, it is cinnamon and sweet. The version of years ago called Original, was floral and powdery with a hint of spice. But just ask the manufacturer, Procter & Gamble, they never changed anything. Yeah right.
It has been over 20 years. My dad used it, I used it. This stuff is a sham. Stirling Spice reminds me more of old Old Spice than this imposter in the fake plastic bottle. It’s not the same. It’s a fugazi. Now I’m on the hunt for a NOS bottle. A glass bottle. Sheesh. Remember when New Coke came out? Dumbest marketing move ever. This is similar.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
It has been over 20 years. My dad used it, I used it. This stuff is a sham. Stirling Spice reminds me more of old Old Spice than this imposter in the fake plastic bottle. It’s not the same. It’s a fugazi. Now I’m on the hunt for a NOS bottle. A glass bottle. Sheesh. Remember when New Coke came out? Dumbest marketing move ever. This is similar.
I’ve used Old Spice for more than 50 years and it seems pretty much the same to me except that is not quite as “loud” which I believe was an improvement.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Used some vintage Shulton today after the shave about 12:30. Can still smell it on my hands and person at 5:00.

I think I like loud. :)

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
The new stuff sucks anyway. I do not like it. I really missed the original formula. I had heard that the Indian Old Spice was very similar to the original, and recently I tried it and found it to be very good. Seems to be practically identical to the original Old Spice. I am GLAD people are voting with their dollars and leaving the "Classic" to be trampled in the dust of history and obscurity. I hate P&G, anyway.

Top Bottom