What's new

Old Spice and my usage and review

I have never used Old Spice, let alone the classic/original scent. I have used Stirling Spice, though. How similar is the latter to Old Spice?

I have never used Old Spice, let alone the classic/original scent. I have used Stirling Spice, though. How similar is the latter to Old Spice?

I’d say similar enough? Stirling is sweeter, and has less of the powdery component. I prefer the scent of Old Spice by a small margin, though Stirling’s aftershaves have a better face feel IMO. I doubt anyone passing by would be able to tell the difference.

I have a bottle of the new formulation and two bottles of vintage OS from the '50s (and one bottle of cologne unknown date) and the new formula smells "brighter/fresher" (couldn't tell you if it's carnations or not) and the vintage is a warmer, softer, longer lasting powdery scent. Either works well for me, but if I'm going to be wearing a mask all day and want to continue with the scent, it's vintage all the way--I just need to make sure I don't mix up the cologne and the AS as too much of one is well... just too much. As for the scent of the vintage, I'm not sure if the difference was that much from the start, or if it's just due to the fact that it's 50-60 years removed from when it was produced.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have a bottle of the new formulation and two bottles of vintage OS from the '50s (and one bottle of cologne unknown date) and the new formula smells "brighter/fresher" (couldn't tell you if it's carnations or not) and the vintage is a warmer, softer, longer lasting powdery scent. Either works well for me, but if I'm going to be wearing a mask all day and want to continue with the scent, it's vintage all the way--I just need to make sure I don't mix up the cologne and the AS as too much of one is well... just too much. As for the scent of the vintage, I'm not sure if the difference was that much from the start, or if it's just due to the fact that it's 50-60 years removed from when it was produced.
I’ve used OS many years and find the scent much the same but not as strong. This may be the result of all the complaints some years ago about scents in the office environment. Just a guess.

I think the reformulated Old Spice has a really strong floral note- I'd guess carnation, but what the hell do I know?
reckon ya know what carnations smell like :)

I am horrid at what smell is this :) ahhahaahah so you are better than me at what is that smell :)

I do love old spice at 58 been using it on off since I was a teen wish I remembered kept old stock but oh well :)

still my fav overall smell although I am loving nivea products now

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Ok I couldn't wait and put a small splash on ive got to say this a great sent i love the way it changes. I'll definitely be wearing this again and as for it being a dad smell it doesn't matter to me im actually a grandad :adoration:

I bought a bottle of OS Whitewater just a few days ago... it rocks my boat. It's made in Italy, costs about €7, a bargain really.

My other dirt cheap choice is the new Nivea fresh splash.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I use it every Sunday, it reminds me of my dad.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200405082457487_COVER.jpg

Dave you must really like it to post it 3 times in a row 😜
Isn't that OK?:biggrin1:
I got an error message when I tried posting it so I clicked "Post reply" again, same error message, clicked a third time & it posted. I didn't think it would post all 3! I've deleted 2 of them. Oh well, I'm a newb here & still trying to figure out how to work this B & B place.
:a29:

Here you go!

They sell samples with a coupon to buy a full size and have a splash as well
Is Seaforth really similar to Old Spice? I've been looking at Seaforth because I have a small collection of Seaforth shaving mugs and aftershave bottles.

Alright so I know there are hundreds of reviews on old spice aftershave right? here's the perspective from the newbie to old spice aftershave. So a few weeks ago I needed some aftershave, I hunted down a bottle at my local walgreens and pulled the trigger. For $10 what do I have to loose right? So after a few weeks of using it now, I've come to the following conclusions.

-I'm 36 and I legit smell like grandpa and that's a great thing
-I have no frame of refrence on old vs new
-I like the overall scent, actually love the overall scent
-If someone made a shave puck of this stuff and or ripped off the scent, I'd be all in on it
-It lasts the entire day on me or at least a good and majority chunk of the day
-For $10 I've found a bargain that I think will be in my rotation as long as it's available.

Overall after using old spice my skin feels great and you guys might think I'm nuts for liking it, but I really do.
I generally don't care for scented products, but I make an exception for OS. It was my Dad's signature scent for as long as I can remember. I have two bottles of the vintage OS and two bottles of the modern. I can't tell much of a difference. I enjoy both. It has such a classic scent.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Nice review! I think a great picture of your set up would round this review out nicely.
OS reminds me of my dad. He was an old spice man. I keep a bottle of vintage and get a whiff every now and then.

Is Seaforth really similar to Old Spice? I've been looking at Seaforth because I have a small collection of Seaforth shaving mugs and aftershave bottles.
It's supposed to be. Heather is supposed to be a Brut knockoff. I have Sea Spice Lime. Good performance and great company. I wish they would come out with a Bay Rum of some kind. You can always order the sample.

Top Bottom