What's new

Old Spice and my usage and review

Alright so I know there are hundreds of reviews on old spice aftershave right? here's the perspective from the newbie to old spice aftershave. So a few weeks ago I needed some aftershave, I hunted down a bottle at my local walgreens and pulled the trigger. For $10 what do I have to loose right? So after a few weeks of using it now, I've come to the following conclusions.

-I'm 36 and I legit smell like grandpa and that's a great thing
-I have no frame of refrence on old vs new
-I like the overall scent, actually love the overall scent
-If someone made a shave puck of this stuff and or ripped off the scent, I'd be all in on it
-It lasts the entire day on me or at least a good and majority chunk of the day
-For $10 I've found a bargain that I think will be in my rotation as long as it's available.

Overall after using old spice my skin feels great and you guys might think I'm nuts for liking it, but I really do.

I have been using it for 50 years and I still love it! I thought it went out of production earlier this year. Maybe they brought it back. I stocked up on what I could find in the stores here.

-If someone made a shave puck of this stuff and or ripped off the scent, I'd be all in on it

Here you go!

They sell samples with a coupon to buy a full size and have a splash as well

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Alright so I know there are hundreds of reviews on old spice aftershave right? here's the perspective from the newbie to old spice aftershave. So a few weeks ago I needed some aftershave, I hunted down a bottle at my local walgreens and pulled the trigger. For $10 what do I have to loose right? So after a few weeks of using it now, I've come to the following conclusions.

-I'm 36 and I legit smell like grandpa and that's a great thing
-I have no frame of refrence on old vs new
-I like the overall scent, actually love the overall scent
-It lasts the entire day on me or at least a good and majority chunk of the day
-For $10 I've found a bargain that I think will be in my rotation as long as it's available.

Overall after using old spice my skin feels great and you guys might think I'm nuts for liking it, but I really do.
I’ve been using OS since the 1960’s. Great stuff.

I just got my very own bottle. I remember my Dad wearing it many many years ago. I always liked the scent. Now decades later I finally have my own bottle. I actually received it today. I bought the old spice made in India. I heard it smells like the original before it was reformulated. I don't know anyone who uses it (other than B&Bers). I feel like it is ready to become the old is new again.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just got my very own bottle. I remember my Dad wearing it many many years ago. I always liked the scent. Now decades later I finally have my own bottle. I actually received it today. I bought the old spice made in India. I heard it smells like the original before it was reformulated. I don't know anyone who uses it (other than B&Bers). I feel like it is ready to become the old is new again.
I tried the Indian version and didn’t think it smelled more like the original than the current OS available at the grocery store. I’ve had more than 50 years of experience with it. The only difference I’ve found with the new OS is that isn’t as strong as the old which is a good thing.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If you can find vintage Avon "Spicy" try it. I much prefer it to vintage OR the new Old Spice.

*ENABLEMENT ALERT!ENABLEMENT ALERT! ENABLEMENT ALERT!*

Don't tell anyone but I've discovered the secret symbol of enabling.

:badger:

Before this discovery, I only had a few post shave balms. Days, I mean months, later I have vintage OS and multiple vintage Avons (enjoyed Spicy today @FarmerTan) in addition to Clubman and a number of other Pinaud scents as well as some more "contemporary" scents. All oustanding!

Enjoy the journey of discovery (aka the next rabbit hole)!

I'm 52, and Old Spice remains my favorite aftershave. Right now, I'm using a European-market glass bottle of "Original" that was made in Italy....you can find this fairly easily on Amazon with Prime delivery. It might be a bit different than the US-market "Classic" but I like them both.

Top Bottom