What's new

Old Shaver... New to DE

10 or so DE shaves in and things are going beautifully. No cuts, no irritation. One or 2 small nicks sometimes none. Coming from using Harry's cartridges for the last 3 or 4 years. Got great shaves 5 days a week with Barbasol or Harry's gel, occasionally Cremo. Love that stuff when I shave my head. Wanted to learn something new as retirement approaches. I bought a couple of tins of WSP a year ago with a Duchess Silvertip that was on sale. Would lather up a couple of times a month when I had to shave on the weekend. Decided to take the plunge a few weeks ago and bought a very nice Superadjustable, 1978 I think, along with a 1962 Tech, from a vendor on Etsy. Put together my own sample pack from RBC. I'm shaving at night as I have the time. No pressure as it would be in the morning. The routine is relaxing. My wife likes the smell when I come to bed.

It's Friday night and I don't have to shave, but I want to.

Yep.
proxy.php

It happens.

10 or so DE shaves in........

WELCOME
You are not alone, I often wish my hair to grow faster.
For me the ritual has become zen like, for many it has become a hobby.
More soaps, creams, crops, pre shave, after shave, post shave balms, brushes, lather mugs, bowls, scuttles, different double edge blades, more DE razors, Single edge, shavette, and straight razors, Hones and stops are waiting..... follow the white rabbit

Top Bottom