Howie, Honus

Where do you live?
Finger Lakes region of NY, and the Lehigh Valley of PA, USA

What is your age (or) generation?
Born in the late 1960s

What are you in the real world?
Right now, I'm a stroke survivor.

What is your favorite shave setup?
I like an understated set-up, but in reality, mine isn't understated at all. I like both shaving soaps as well as cans of shaving cream. I like a good SE razor. I love the sting of a strong alcohol-based aftershave splash. I collect green-handled shaving brushes.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I love baseball, ice hockey, NFL football. I spend a good bit of time on walks in the woods. Over the last few years, I've enjoyed finding seashells along the Jersey shore in the United States.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I'm particularly fond of "legacy" aftershave splashes like Skin Bracer, Clubman, Brut, English Leather, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Those were good enough for men like my dad and grandfathers...those are certainly good enough for me. My dad used to put English Leather on me when he was shaving when I was as young as two years old. I have been a fan of shaving gear and splashes since then. Now that my dad is elderly and I shave him, I put the English Leather on him. It has come full circle.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Welcome, John. I like those great sports nicknames, and love that you survived a stroke to be with us today.

Good memories… I got into my older brother’s colognes. English Leather had a great smell and that bodacious wooden cap, but my favorite was British Sterling. Until Steve discovered I was borrowing copious amounts of his colognes. He threatened to return me to Gypsies. Dad intervened.

Speaking of which, your love and care for your dad is inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Helping your Dad, survival of a stroke (I had a mild one. Still a bit scary) makes you more than worthy of "enshrinement" my friend.

@Messygoon has nominated me for the "Wall of Shame" but I ain't cleared the background check yet!

Top Bottom