What's new

Old Razor Blades

I see some ads on ebay that has old razor blade boxes or packs. It makes complete sense for those that are sealed and of good condition. Well I one a bid and received the safety razors and two boxes of blades. What do people do with old boxes and old rusty blades?

Attachments

• IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 12
I have a blade bank but you can also use anything w a slot. Whenever mine gets full ( and is been a few years already) it'll go in the recycle bin.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I purchased a coin bank many years ago at the dollar store. It's almost full, so I've started looking for my next bank. You can make one from a soup can, but I'm too lazy to do that to save a buck.

Reactions: abj
I have a blade bank but you can also use anything w a slot. Whenever mine gets full ( and is been a few years already) it'll go in the recycle bin.

+1! I also use a blade bank which holds a lot of old blades.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
why do you use a blade bank instead of just wrapping the blades in the new blade paper and toss out?

I'm just guessing. But I could see someone pushing the garbage bag down hard into the garbage can, and the blade cutting through the paper, through the bag, and into someone's hand.

A blade bank is pretty cheap, they hold at least 100 blades in most instances, and many are reusable. Toss the whole thing or empty it out into an empty soup or paint can for final disposal. Coin banks work, too.

If you're not stuffing them into the walls, I'd at least contain them in a can or something similar to keep people from getting cut. Rusty razor cuts are not pleasant.

I use an old, large vitamin bottle with a hinged top for DE blades. When it gets filled up....takes many moons.....I toss it for placement in the local landfill with all the other items that will last a billion years.

Now that I am a committed SE guy, I simply use the dispenser as the blade bank.

Real men don't sweat rusty blades in landfills. But, I do drive a Hybrid.

I see some ads on ebay that has old razor blade boxes or packs. It makes complete sense for those that are sealed and of good condition. Well I one a bid and received the safety razors and two boxes of blades. What do people do with old boxes and old rusty blades?
I think he's asking if he should use those old rusty blades, not what to do with them after.
Collect! Do not use!

use a soup can with a hole sliced in one side and use one of those pointed can openers that make a triangle to get the soup out the other side (puree soups work best for obvious reasons).

Then print out a collage of stuff you like and glue it on. Razor blades go in, they never come out. No danger to the recycling guys.

Top Bottom