What's new

Old open blades worth keeping?

Hi Folks,
I picked up a couple of vintage razors today and one of them had a blade box with a bunch of blades in it. I assume, as these are unpackaged ancient blades, I should just throw them in my blade bank and call it done. Any other opinions?

Attachments

• 226CE87C-3930-414D-90D9-AA93916DE678.jpeg
    226CE87C-3930-414D-90D9-AA93916DE678.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 34
They l
Hi Folks,
I picked up a couple of vintage razors today and one of them had a blade box with a bunch of blades in it. I assume, as these are unpackaged ancient blades, I should just throw them in my blade bank and call it done. Any other opinions?
They look they are in bad shape, so at the very least I would be careful handling them. No telling what kind of nasty infection you could get if one of them cut you. The dispenser might be worth keeping. I don’t think you can get those anymore.

Old blued blades are cool. I would try to clean them up a bit and make some sort of display. Framed or something obviously so they are not touchable. It would be a neat bathroom or mancave art kinda thing.

Thanks for the replies.
Decided to throw them all into the blade bank.

The art piece idea, while intriguing, would most likely never happen. I’m too lazy.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The art idea would have been nice. I have seen some damaged Straight Razors polished up and displayed in a shadow box and they looked stunning. Some blades even in a nice wooden picture frame would look great in a man cave or even on a sideboard type cupboard.

Top Bottom