What's new

''Old'' Nacet Stainless vs new

I saw a few discussions on a Facebook shaving group comparing both ''old'' vs ''new'' Nacet Stainless and most people find their sharpness identical, but the ''old'' ones seems to last a lot longer. Some claim to get around 10 shaves from the old ones and between 3-4 with the new ones, which is a huge difference.

Apparently, the ''old'' ones don't have the Gillette Nacet Stainless writings on the wax paper and in some cases they don't have the number 5 and the blade logo on the package, but as you can see from the photos, there are some packages that have the blade logo and the number 5 and still use the old wax paper without the Gillette Nacet Stainless writtings on them.

Can anyone confirm that there's a difference in either sharpness or longevity between both Nacet blades?

189153437_4114675058618937_7244049317552013338_n.jpg
190616634_4227069333981389_7020251858993719769_n.jpg

Well hell's bells. I REALLY liked a Nacet sampler pack, so I ordered a 100 a few weeks ago. Looks like my sampler was the old style, 100-pack is the new. I haven't tried the new ones out yet, curious about anyone else's feedback.

I mean everyone is different in terms of blade longevity. Only way to find out is to get a bunch of both and experiment away. These blades have been pushed for literally 100s of shaves. I’m not even kidding

I can notice a difference in many of the new Gillette blades when compared with older versions of the same blade. Unfortunately for me, I generally seem to prefer the older versions. Among other blades, I've compared the two versions of Nacets and I think the older ones are smoother, more comfortable, and longer lasting.

I've also heard that many people seem to prefer the newer versions of various blades. That means that there is likely a difference in the blades and which version is preferable is a YMMV thing.

Interesting. I only have a few tucks of the old ones. i can easily get 10 3-4 pass shaves from a single blade. I guess i'll have to order some more soon.

The 10-packs were intended for babers a few years ago. Something like a saloon pack. Not sure if they are still manufactured.

I recently bought in Romania Gillette Nacet packed in 10 pieces in a package. The paper is not inscribed and there are Arabic letters on the package and it does not write the number of blades inside.
They look very good to me, but I don't know how to cut the old ones.

I still have a few blades of the old stock and recently bought a 100 of the new stock Nacet from Amazon. I can't find a difference between the new and the old stock. They are just as sharp and smooth as the old stock. As far as longevity is concerned I have not seen a difference. I can get seven shaves out of them before I toss them.

Top Bottom