What's new

Old man Winter finally visits Texas.....

.......and he is getting us good this morning! I am so looking forward to 100 degrees in the middle of July. Ice this morning. And wind. The wind is what is so bad..........

DL

I kind of like the cold as long as it stays dry. Covering my plants is a pain but I can handle a couple times a year. I wonder how cold it will really get further inside of Houston. I am outside the loop but the last few cold spells the temp has been a good 4 or 5 degrees above the forecast.

We have a bad scorpion infestation in our house and on our property that pest control measures have been unable to alleviate. Hopefully this freeze will kill the little devils.

DL

We have a bad scorpion infestation in our house and on our property that pest control measures have been unable to alleviate. Hopefully this freeze will kill the little devils.

DL

Another perk for living in the Northeast....no scorpions. :lol::lol:

DL

We usually get a half dozen scorpions or so a year, but right now it's spiders. The other night I was sitting on the sofa and spotted one of the little black buggers on the wall. I grabbed a paper towel and squished him, went to throw it away, and there was another one on the wall next to where I was sitting! I've been killing 3-4 a day.

I'm ready for the warmer weather so the tarantulas will come out and eat all the smaller ones! :lol:

Another perk for living in the Northeast....no scorpions. :lol::lol:

We usually get a half dozen scorpions or so a year, but right now it's spiders. The other night I was sitting on the sofa and spotted one of the little black buggers on the wall. I grabbed a paper towel and squished him, went to throw it away, and there was another one on the wall next to where I was sitting! I've been killing 3-4 a day.

I'm ready for the warmer weather so the tarantulas will come out and eat all the smaller ones! :lol:

This is no kidding guys. We bought our house a year and a half ago. In that time, I have killed no less than a hundred scorpions IN THE HOUSE. I keep them in a jar of alcohol and would be happy to post pics tonight to substantiate my claim. I was stung twice in bed one night by the same devil. One terribly close to my nether-region and one one my wrist when i reached down. Pest control does not work. We fired our pest control service. They are miffed that they couldn't control them. We bought free range chickens. That didn't help. We bought free rande guinnea fowl. That has not helped. The only effective method is out cat spots them pretty quick and lests us know of their presence. I use a mechanics tool claw to pick then up and put them in the jar of alcohol. All in all, I'd rather have scorpions than **** roaches (which we do not have).

DL

Suck it up buttercup! BOO HOO! :crying:

And seriously...you have tried everything to get rid of things! Maybe some of this oh so cold weather you are complaining about will do it.

You did not show it to me, but I remember when you got stung.

Chickens...Cats...Bug man...dude maybe you should call an exorcist! :w00t:

This is no kidding guys. We bought our house a year and a half ago. In that time, I have killed no less than a hundred scorpions IN THE HOUSE. I keep them in a jar of alcohol and would be happy to post pics tonight to substantiate my claim. I was stung twice in bed one night by the same devil. One terribly close to my nether-region and one one my wrist when i reached down. Pest control does not work. We fired our pest control service. They are miffed that they couldn't control them. We bought free range chickens. That didn't help. We bought free rande guinnea fowl. That has not helped. The only effective method is out cat spots them pretty quick and lests us know of their presence. I use a mechanics tool claw to pick then up and put them in the jar of alcohol. All in all, I'd rather have scorpions than **** roaches (which we do not have).

DL

My apologies if my reply seemed insensitive. Having to deal with any pest infestation stinks, and having that pest be scorpions, that just plain stinks. :tongue_sm

My apologies if my reply seemed insensitive. Having to deal with any pest infestation stinks, and having that pest be scorpions, that just plain stinks. :tongue_sm

Not at all! I thought it was humorous! One of the bad things about rural Texas living is scorpions.

DL

I have only seen one scorpion in the garage.. just shooed it away.. but there was one in my Chiro's office that was friggin huge.. you could hear the little bugger walking... I have seen a few Sun spiders.. those things are nasty looking.

DL

We handle scorpions two ways: Spray around the outside of the house and place about a dozen of those sticky pads around the inside of the house. Scorpions mostly move along the baseboards.

At first I was really worried that the cat might get caught up in one of those pads but she has never stepped on one. I that respect she is more graceful than I am! Well, I guess she is more graceful in just about every respect!

Top Bottom