What's new

Old Man Rant

My Old Man Rant is directed at the Delta Faucet company. 4 years ago we bought a Delta single handle kitchen faucet with a pull down sprayer. You know the kind, the end of the faucet is connected to a metal flex line and you pull it down and out from the tube where the water comes out. It has a button on the side that converts it from a faucet to a sprayer.

Over the last month, the water pressure out of that faucet has steadily dropped. Yesterday, it reached a tipping point and I decided to do something about it. I removed the head from the hose, and the aerator from the nozzle, and that was as far as you can disassemble the dang thing. I dug out the restrictor and I can see the filter element, but unlike their faucets in past years, there isn’t a release to get it out. It is press fit into the housing so tightly that it won’t budge. Even the parts diagram shows the head as one assembly with the spray nozzles, switch filter and housing as one piece!

So I figure I’ll just buy a new head. When we purchased the faucet, it was $240. The head for the faucet is $187!

Removing the restrictor returned the faucet to normal pressure, but it’s only a matter of time before the filter clogs permanently. Then I guess I’ll dig it out with a screwdriver or pick and buy more time until the nozzles clog. By the they will have discontinued parts and I’ll have to buy a whole new faucet assembly.

More planned obsolescence from corporate America!

It's often clogged inside the internals of the unit itself and not just the head. The ones from plumbing supply companies cost more but the internal tubes and stuff are wider and minerals and sediment take longer to build up. Those ones can have steady pressure for like 15-20 years, where the same-ish model from a big box store, which has smaller internals will develop lower pressure within just a few years. It's hard choice though to spend $250 at Home Depot versus $650 at a pro plumbing supply place, though.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Sure there are . . . Yellowstone is one I started with the Missus (3 seasons), New Amsterdam looks kind of interesting. I still need to go back to Sons of Anarchy, Bosch, and Vikings, as well.

Lots of good shows to watch, it's just more of a chore to find them.

Almost forgot to mention The Boys . . .
Give Mayans a look.

Remember when the new TV shows came out in September and how good they seemed and were good? Now there's 100s of channels and nothing to watch.

Are you kidding? We're in a golden age of television, there's more quality shows on now than you can possibly watch.... and enough back catalogue to keep you going 24/7 for years!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The newer iPhones
Notice how you can no longer hold the phone to your ear with a raised shoulder like old school. The mic doesn’t pick up my voice doing that.
This I’m sure is a way to force the use of ear buds.

OldManYellsAtCloud.jpeg

New TV arrived with a new stand. The bloody stand went together with no problems, and the damn TV set it self up. All I had to do was plug in in.

DAMN YOU TV GODS!!! HOW DARE YOU MAKE LIFE EASY!!!😆🤣🥳🤪

My dad bought one of those new fangled TV's in the 60's that came with a voice-activated remote.

He was always telling one of us kids, "Hey, change the channel!", "Turn up the volume!", "Adjust that antenna a little!"
Darn remotes never had the batteries run out either. o_O

I heard a Japanese comedienne tell a joke once like that.
"You know how you always get a "I had it worse when I was a kid" story when you complain how hard your life is to your parents. If I complained as a kid, my father would say, "Well, when I was a kid, they dropped the atomic bomb on us!" How are you gonna answer that???"

I heard a Japanese comedienne tell a joke once like that.
"You know how you always get a "I had it worse when I was a kid" story when you complain how hard your life is to your parents. If I complained as a kid, my father would say, "Well, when I was a kid, they dropped the atomic bomb on us!" How are you gonna answer that???"
Yup. That definitely trumps “I had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow and it was uphill both ways”!

The world is jacked when you punish your kids by forcing them to go outside. I hate electronics with a passion.

Wow

My kids love the outdoors. They've actually been doing their schoolwork outside in the afternoons this week with some warmer weather.

Don't get me wrong, they love their electronics but they enjoy being outside too

I drive a lot for work, typically 4k miles per month and to avoid losing my mind I just ignore most things related to poor driving. Until this week, when I saw an 18 wheeler whip off a U Turn in the middle of the interstate. As he was turning in the Emergency Only U Turn he got caught in no man's land and half the trailer was sticking out in the high speed lane from where he was turning from. A semi in the north bound lane saw this stupidity and hit his 4 ways then slowed down to give Mr Stupid time to complete his incredibly reckless maneuver. The unreal part is that he could have driven 5 more minutes and got off at the next exit.

Top Bottom