What's new

Old Man Rant

When I hit 50 I started growing a crop of ear hair. Ear hair. Why?

Rant over.

I think thereā€™s an unwritten law called, ā€œConservation of Hair.ā€ It goes like this, when you start going bald, gravity takes over. Your head starts to go bald and the hair shows up growing in your ears and nose, on your arms, and around your knees.

I have a theory that as your age advances itā€™ll soon be growing around your ankles.

I plan on sticking around long enough to prove the theory.

Iā€™ll get back to you when I find out. šŸ¤£
Ā 

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I think thereā€™s an unwritten law called, ā€œConservation of Hair.ā€ It goes like this, when you start going bald, gravity takes over. Your head starts to go bald and the hair shows up growing in your ears and nose, on your arms, and around your knees.

I have a theory that as your age advances itā€™ll soon be growing around your ankles.

I plan on sticking around long enough to prove the theory.

Iā€™ll get back to you when I find out. šŸ¤£
So, you may look like this.
Looks like he's doing his Old Man Rant, "HEY YOU KIDS, GET OFF MY SNOW!"
šŸ¤£

Yeti-003.jpg
Ā 

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
A foot of snow last night made life difficult and made me cranky. Watching families and kids on a hill sledding and having a blast reminded me I'm a cranky old man with first world problems and the sledders have it right.

No offense to anyone truly having a difficult time with the weather. I hope you and yours are OK.

Just merely saying my "inconvenience" seemed small in comparison.
Ā 

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
A foot of snow last night made life difficult and made me cranky. Watching families and kids on a hill sledding and having a blast reminded me I'm a cranky old man with first world problems and the sledders have it right.

No offense to anyone truly having a difficult time with the weather. I hope you and yours are OK.

Just merely saying my "inconvenience" seemed small in comparison.
ā€œGet off my snowbankā€
šŸ¤ØšŸ˜
Ā 
New legislation known as the Secure Act 2.0 goes into effect this year. Most of the changes are good, except for one. A provision of the act permits companies to match employee student loan repayments. An employee with debt who pays pack say 5k on their student loan could potentially receive a 5k 401k contribution from the employer.

Another win for the irresponsible who cannot manage their finances. Let's just give a big fat bonus to the debt laden and penalize those who made good decisions, and those who choose to work thru college.

People will never learn there is no such thing as free money!
Ā 

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There are guys who moan about the old days because it's kind of an Old Guy thing, and there are guys who moan about the old days because they actually think the old days were better.
I'm happy to be alive in some of the most amazing of times.
I don't have any desire to live in a pre-computer / pre-television / pre-mobile phone time.

Nobody is getting into his time machine to have open heart surgery ... or even get a cavity filled ... in the 18th century!

There are, however, some things about the past that are better than "now", even if the overall balance favours the present.
Ā 

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
New addition:
The postal worker parks his truck in front of my house. On trash days he blocks my bins and they donā€™t get collected. Literally hours calling the waste company or the city in days following is a complete waste of time (no pun) Iā€™ve moved the cans to different spots and also have taken to parking the cans on the street not on the sidewalk. Picture this: today according to the street cam, the truck (pretty sure is mail) is parked in the street but essentially double parked in front bins out in the road. Blocking my bins so they were not collected. Iā€™m never home to try to meet or talk to the letter carrier. So I just get to stew in my rage. šŸ„µšŸ„µšŸ„¶
Thanks for listening šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
Ā 
  • Sad
Reactions: ctr

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
New addition:
The postal worker parks his truck in front of my house. On trash days he blocks my bins and they donā€™t get collected. Literally hours calling the waste company or the city in days following is a complete waste of time (no pun) Iā€™ve moved the cans to different spots and also have taken to parking the cans on the street not on the sidewalk. Picture this: today according to the street cam, the truck (pretty sure is mail) is parked in the street but essentially double parked in front bins out in the road. Blocking my bins so they were not collected. Iā€™m never home to try to meet or talk to the letter carrier. So I just get to stew in my rage. šŸ„µšŸ„µšŸ„¶
Thanks for listening šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
Perhaps a polite hand written letter (posted) to your local postmaster explaining your inconvenience could solve the problem.
Ā 
Top Bottom