What's new

Old Guy new to the Forum

***UPDATE 2***

I am so angry right now, I don't know how to process it. I'll get back to this when my hands stop shaking. Needless to say, all is not well!:cursing:

***UPDATE 2***

I am so angry right now, I don't know how to process it. I'll get back to this when my hands stop shaking. Needless to say, all is not well!:cursing:
Hang in there. Try to chill we are here to support you, even if you have to do all the heavy lifting.

First of all, let me apologize to all of you. This was supposed to be the newbie check in, not the continuing complaint section... But as long I'm here, I won't messing up any other threads.

3 weeks overdue, I finally receive a package from RE. Pretty small package, and pretty light too, considering that it was supposed to be a refurbished Gillette Slim Adjustable, a sample pack of Gillette razor blades and a blade bank.
But hey, maybe they're masters at packaging.
So I open the package and what do I find?
Packing peanuts, a business card, and a DOVO shavette.
Nothing else. No receipt - that's it.

So I call Matt the owner, and explain what I've found. Now I have to admit that I was pretty angry, but I was raised to believe that screaming and yelling don't solve problems.
He said he'd get back to me after he talked to someone in shipping.
About 20 minutes later I get a call from someone else (I think he said his name was Pat, but there was a lot of noise on his end) asking for my email so that he could send me a return shipping label for the DOVO. When I asked about MY order, he said, 'well, we think we've found another razor we can send you."
When I tried to explain that I had filed a dispute with PayPal that had to be resolved before the end of the year, I was told, 'We'll do the best we can. After all, we send out over a hundred packages a week." And hung up.

So what did I do? Well, what I wanted to do was scream at the top of my lungs, but instead I came over here to B&B, made my little mini post above, then printed out the return shipping label, resealed the box, and took it down to the post office and handed it to a friend that works the counter. He gave me a proof of shipping receipt, and I headed back home to a warm bottle of Woodford Reserve... 🥃

Now here's the worst part. I'm actually disappointed that I'm still so angry. And it's not that I'm so angry with Razor Emporium - though I am that. But I'm angry at myself, too. Angry that I allowed this situation to get out of control in the first place, and angry that a 160 dollar razor purchase could cause so much frustration that a bottle of Woodford was my only recourse. (Well not the whole bottle...:001_smile )

So as it stands right now, it'll be at least 3-4 days before they get their DOVO back, so in turn at least another week before I get any response from them, if any at all. :sad:

Anybody need any lessons in Self Pity? Seems I'm earning a Ph.D. in it... :D

Top Bottom