What's new

Old Forester Whiskey Row

Just wondering if any of you are familiar with the Whiskey Row lineup from Old Forester. I picked up the first in this series last night on a whim, the 1870 Original Batch. For a 90 proof it was surprisingly good...much bolder than expected. It was sweet but more in a spicy-sweet than a straight sugar sweet. My bottle has a deep reddish-amber, and the finish was of moderate length and, while not a "punch you in the face" type of burn, it was satisfactory, especially for this entry level variant to the Whiskey Row Series.

Now I look forward to trying the 1897 and the 1920 expressions.

What were your thoughts on these?

I can't speak to the 1870, but the 1897 and 1920 are both very good. I'm about half way through the 1920 and will definitely be a bottle that stays in my rotation.

That's not the first time I've heard good things about the 1920. At a $60 shelf price I was a little hesitant but that is quickly changing based on the positive reviews

Just finished up my 1897 and about 25% through the 1920. Both very good, the 1920 is great, already bought a backup bottle.

I need to try the 1920. Since my original post I've had the 1897, as well. Very good but I found it to be not quite worth the price point when you consider the other competitors in the field. From all accounts Ives read and heard, the 1920 is exceptional.

Top Bottom