What's new

Old fogie's stogie

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Perhaps you remember this air freshener commercial.

I really don't know if I'm the old fogie these days. I grew up in the era of nickle cigars. I'm certain there were rubber scraps in those things. Are my senses just dulled down with age or are we smoking better tobacco?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Well yes Parodi Cigars certainly. Also, for me, anything Maduro wrappers. I really like the taste of Maduro but always my hands afterwords smell like I spilled gasoline on them. Clings just like when I do spill gasoline on them too.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Back in the day i enjoyed the mix of eating Skittles and smoking a parodi. Something about the 2 flavors exploded together

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The Parodi / Avanti small cigars are, to me, surprisingly enjoyable. They are not commonly available where I am but I imported some and paid some hideous tax to get them. I enjoy them enough to be ok with the deal.

It shouldn't be this way. Why shouldn't a person be able to enjoy a cigar without paying hundreds of dollars in taxes and import duties.
I'm a pensioner so I buy cheaper cigars but like anything after the first couple you start enjoying them. I recently paid $70.00 usd for a bundle of 20 churchill cigars. They cost me about $120.00 aud and then Customs stpped them and want another $335.00 aud.
I understand sales taxes and gst and even import dities but 335.00 dollars is just BS. I quite smoking cigarettes over 20 years ago but recently took up smoking half a cigar some evenings while my partner smokes her cigarettes as since she got dementia it's the only thing we do together.
We need to rebel and get tobacco duties reduced to something reasonable

Top Bottom