What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Trails very muddy, with a few trees down, but the weather was perfect. :thumbup1:

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 4
A sunny warmer day, tempted to run. Decided not to risk irritating my knee before my long drive tomorrow. Maybe Friday?

Shoulder PT:

Weights: curls (2 15 lb barbells) 💪and triceps (35 lbs), 3 reps of 10, plus misc.
Band pulls. Side to side, above head and from floor pulls. 3x10 reps

Trainer Cycling:

Warmups:
stretches, 30 (knee) push-ups, 40 sit-ups. Planks: 75 seconds. Back and leg stretches🧘🏼

Ride: Climbed up on the Bike 😓😂, 49 minute ride, 3° room temperature increase, 0’ total elevation gain 😛
🏡↪️🚴↩️🏡.

Brought in wood today and pushed for time. Another short workout.

Shoulder PT:

Weights: curls (2 15 lb barbells) 💪and triceps (35 lbs), 3 reps of 10, plus misc.
Band pulls. Side to side, above head and from floor pulls. 3x10 reps

Trainer Cycling:

Warmups:
stretches, 30 (knee) push-ups, 40 sit-ups. Planks: 75 seconds. Back and leg stretches🧘🏼

Ride: Climbed up on the Bike 😓😂, 20 minute ride, 2° room temperature increase, 0’ total elevation gain 😛
🏡↪️🚴↩️🏡.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.

15,000+ steps
My wife has been keeping track of her steps for close to a year now. These Michigan winters stink, so I think we are going to start walking in the gymnasium at our church.

Last night we and some others packed up some totes filled with groceries and delivered them today for some folks a little bit down on their luck.

That's what gave me the idea for walking in the gym. I can 125 steps in one lap, and the temperature is cool but not even close to freezing. Now I have to figger out how many steps are in a mile!

Lol, we were both sore from walking around and twisting and bending from packing the totes! It's amazing how "out of shape" I got from feeling sorry for myself and my forced retirement and sitting around so much. So HOPEFULLY I will NOT be looking for excuses and will actually start a "new" new years resolution almost a month late.

Mental health is SO related to physical activity for me. I had forgotten how GOOD a little bit of honest pain felt!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My usual Saturday routine: Total body HIT strength session using mostly Nautilus and Hoist equipment. 20 minute GXP climb on the treadmill.

@FarmerTan - appreciated your story, particularly about helping folks a bit down on their luck. God Bless you, sir.

also, depending on your inseam and stride length, there are about 2000 steps per mile for most folks.
Thanks for the information. I'm blessed with some really good knees for a 60 year old, and the only way to help my lungs get better, or to slow the loss of function, is to extricate me arse from the Lazyboy.

As to helping others, I'm woefully insufficient there. I've been poor, I've been rich. I'm mostly happy all the time, and joyful is something I try to cultivate. You have not and never will meet anyone more blessed than me my friend.

Top Bottom