What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

15,000+ steps...
proxy.php

6.2 miles (10k) jog, I’m 70. It took me a little over 67 minutes, best time in a long time!

I had worked up to doing this once a week before the Dixie Fire. When we returned many days were too Smokey, so running has been sporadic. I have only doe three long runs in the past 5 weeks. Now there are crews on the road stopping traffic while they are felling burned trees and replacing burned power poles. Today was warm, I felt good and got an early start, and there were no crews to be seen, so I went for it.

Am I the only on or does anyone else do different versions of basically the same workout.
I find I can get a good aerobic workout with resistance bands (a few body weight calisthenics) , quick reps in high numbers — 40-100 reps, one set per exercise, minimum rest between.
On others days I than do the same exercises with dumbbells, much slower 10-30 reps, slightly more time between reps And one set per exercise.
Each is a full body workout and each takes just under half an hour.
The high-quick reps for cardio and the slower-fewer reps for maintaining muscle mass.
Seems to work, for me anyway.

Adonis Index 3.0 Power Week 2 Day 4, i.e. Back & biceps
Am I the only on or does anyone else do different versions of basically the same workout.
I find I can get a good aerobic workout with resistance bands (a few body weight calisthenics) , quick reps in high numbers — 40-100 reps, one set per exercise, minimum rest between.
On others days I than do the same exercises with dumbbells, much slower 10-30 reps, slightly more time between reps And one set per exercise.
Each is a full body workout and each takes just under half an hour.
The high-quick reps for cardio and the slower-fewer reps for maintaining muscle mass.
Seems to work, for me anyway.
If it works for you, awesome[emoji106][emoji846]

For me, I like to use pre-made programs.
I find that someone else's designed program gets me to do exercises, rep ranges and intensity that I would subtly avoid due to preference when making my own workout. (Arguably, I avoid certain things because I'm objectively bad at them).
Also, there is the game within the game of trying to show the person who designed the (dumb) workout who is boss [emoji6] ego motivation.
Also there is the shame motivation of knowing that I could skip but the good people of this thread will not and I'll lose the pace.

Press to 95 lbs x5
It's a repeat from last week as I just didn't like how the weight was moving
Weighted dips to 50 lbs x5

Big reset on dips as it's been 3 weeks since I've done them

Top Bottom