What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's my normal daily walking combined with the walking laps I do between workout sets. When I first started my daily morning workouts after I retired, I found that I was still sitting too much during the rest of the day so I bought a Fitbit and started trying to get in at least 10,000 steps a day. It was a way for me to remind myself to keep moving throughout the day. These days I use an Apple watch to track my activity. Most days I get my steps in by walking laps through the house or on our deck. This keeps me from making excuses to myself that I can't get my steps in because it's too hot, cold, icy, snowy, rainy...... :001_rolle
Great idea.

It's my normal daily walking combined with the walking laps I do between workout sets. When I first started my daily morning workouts after I retired, I found that I was still sitting too much during the rest of the day so I bought a Fitbit and started trying to get in at least 10,000 steps a day. It was a way for me to remind myself to keep moving throughout the day. These days I use an Apple watch to track my activity. Most days I get my steps in by walking laps through the house or on our deck. This keeps me from making excuses to myself that I can't get my steps in because it's too hot, cold, icy, snowy, rainy...... :001_rolle
My story is similar. I got a FitBit just before COVID lockdowns hit. I'm the type of guy that could sit at my desk for 8 hours straight without moving and not even notice.
I have found that the Fitbit makes getting activity into a game and it is helpful in that it gives me a measure to compare one day's activity to another.
I've tried to keep a routine of going for a neighborhood walk at my regular get up time even though I don't commute any more.
As for weather, sometimes I wimp out. I have a Nigerian buddy who immigrated to Canada, had never seen snow and who would always be up for a lunch time walk when we were in the office, especially in the winter. I figure if the weather doesn't bother him, it shouldn't bother me ;)

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

16,000+ steps.............
proxy.php

Top Bottom