What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

17,000+ steps.............
proxy.php

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

14,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 2 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

14,000+ steps...
proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Various stretches worked in with 2 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

14,000+ steps...
proxy.php
When you say "steps" is this some serious jogging/fast walking mixed in with your normal DAILY walking around doing stuff, etc?

My wife shoots for 10,000, but doesn't always hit it. I kinda hold her back when I walk with her, but usually she walks fast ahead of me and walks back.... Lol, and repeats the cycle until we get back home!

But she is kind; doesn't make me feel like a boat anchor! Ha! I am a BLESSED man indeed.

Intrigued

When you say "steps" is this some serious jogging/fast walking mixed in with your normal DAILY walking around doing stuff, etc?

My wife shoots for 10,000, but doesn't always hit it. I kinda hold her back when I walk with her, but usually she walks fast ahead of me and walks back.... Lol, and repeats the cycle until we get back home!

But she is kind; doesn't make me feel like a boat anchor! Ha! I am a BLESSED man indeed.

It's my normal daily walking combined with the walking laps I do between workout sets. When I first started my daily morning workouts after I retired, I found that I was still sitting too much during the rest of the day so I bought a Fitbit and started trying to get in at least 10,000 steps a day. It was a way for me to remind myself to keep moving throughout the day. These days I use an Apple watch to track my activity. Most days I get my steps in by walking laps through the house or on our deck. This keeps me from making excuses to myself that I can't get my steps in because it's too hot, cold, icy, snowy, rainy...... :001_rolle

Top Bottom