What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

16,000+ steps...
proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Have gotten back to working out and focusing on my health since retiring. The last few months has been a mixture of weight training at the gym when at home and running, biking, swimming and calisthenics when traveling. So when at home, my focus is building muscle mass and when traveling, aerobics, endurance and just burning calories. :)

Anyone here use a bodyblade? Thoughts?

I’ve been in the health and fitness profession for 40 years, my thoughts: It’s just one of the latest in a VERY long line of BS fitness gadgets. It’s no doubt making lots of money for someone, but those things will be sitting on the trash heap with thigh masters and all the other gizmos that are garbage before too long.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

16,000+ steps...
proxy.php

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
I’ve been in the health and fitness profession for 40 years, my thoughts: It’s just one of the latest in a VERY long line of BS fitness gadgets. It’s no doubt making lots of money for someone, but those things will be sitting on the trash heap with thigh masters and all the other gizmos that are garbage before too long.
My PT regimen for the past 5 years includes Bodyblade and I hope my Bodyblade will not be on a trash heap ever. My wife has used Bodyblade for longer than I can recall. I hope hers will not be on a trash heap either.

My PT regimen for the past 5 years includes Bodyblade and I hope my Bodyblade will not be on a trash heap ever. My wife has used Bodyblade for longer than I can recall. I hope hers will not be on a trash heap either.

Well I’m sure there are still some Thigh Masters out there that haven’t made it to the trash heap yet either.

The fact that someone uses something, likes something, promotes something, or recommends something, is not proof of efficacy or even safety.

Physical Therapists, bless their hearts, have often been wrong with regards to rehab protocols. That’s a fact, as proven by scientific studies, usually carried out years after the harm is done. The same is true with regards to Doctors and all manner of other experts.

If you like using the Bodyblade cool, but that doesn’t mean it’s particularly beneficial, and certainly is not evidence that it’s the best tool for the job (whatever job you are specifically using it for with regards to rehab), or any job for that matter.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Well I’m sure there are still some Thigh Masters out there that haven’t made it to the trash heap yet either.

The fact that someone uses something, likes something, promotes something, or recommends something, is not proof of efficacy or even safety.

Physical Therapists, bless their hearts, have often been wrong with regards to rehab protocols. That’s a fact, as proven by scientific studies, usually carried out years after the harm is done. The same is true with regards to Doctors and all manner of other experts.

If you like using the Bodyblade cool, but that doesn’t mean it’s particularly beneficial, and certainly is not evidence that it’s the best tool for the job (whatever job you are specifically using it for with regards to rehab), or any job for that matter.
This worries me. Who is right?

I have been in physical therapy since the first week of February for a torn calf muscle. In the first week of therapy my trainer requested I see Doc again because my shoulder couldn’t support the activity. I have had rotator cuff impingement dating back several years.
Today I was released from therapy!
Now to build up strength. :)

This worries me. Who is right?

Unfortunately, that’s the problem we all have to deal with. Back in the 90’s when I had both knees operated on I suffered years of complications (acute and then chronic patella tendinitis and muscle loss) which in the end turned out to be due to the PT protocols at the time which relied heavily on trying to strengthen quad muscles via lots of heavy, often slow, eccentric leg exercise on a motorized and computer controlled machine. Years later it was determined this is one of the worst things you can do, but it was too late for me and I spent 5 years being gimped up needlessly.

I have other stories of my dealings with doctors and PT’s over the years, not to mention those of my clients, but I won’t go further down that hole.

A few doctors a very good, some are merely passable, many are bad. PT’s in general are pretty good, but most are not athletes and haven’t had to rehab many (or any) of their own injuries. Also, many are quite young, just doing what they’ve been taught, unfortunately what they’ve been taught is often just the latest thing that some individual or company cooked up and is marketing as the latest and greatest innovation in solving our problems. “New” and unproven, except possibly in some poorly conducted studies funded by the company which, if you read them you’d see are wholly unscientific.

Don’t even get me started on medical devices and pharmaceuticals……

It’s a pretty sorry and scary state of affairs, but when you have systems so big, run by for profit companies and massive government agencies this is what you get.

I’m not at all anti-doctor, anti-medicine, I’m simply very scientifically and real world results oriented ans there’s just waaaaay too little of either in the health and fitness fields these days. So much made up nonsense, so much misinformation, so much quackery….. And if I had more time I’d tell you what I really think:taz: lol

Top Bottom