What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

16,000+ steps.............
proxy.php

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shovelglove. John Henry & Me.640..jpg

⬅ M-F, 14 minutes

T, Th, Sat, Sun, 30 minutes ➡​

LazyRiver.Top.640.JPG

It's a lot more effective than I would have thought. I can tell this combination is helping me become stronger, more fluid, etc.

Happy shaves,

Jim

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
2,000 meters on the rower with a 1 minute break at 1,000 meters.
So different from jogging/running.
My back and thighs get a burn.
I have to keep telling myself that I have to go slow and build up to the time and pace and workouts I want to do. The hardest thing I must keep telling myself is that I’m not 30 anymore or even 40.
Poco a poco vamos a llegar.

The rower is a heckuva workout!!

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

14,000+ steps...
proxy.php

martym

I did 5k on the rower. That machine is brutal!!
It hurts so good nearly the entire workout!
This is where I shall stop increasing distance for a while and work on technique and stroke.
Hoping to be at 10k daily one day and then throw in interval training now and then to spice it up.

Weird thing: The rower is a full body hurt but only while rowing. When I jog, run, or walk my legs hurt all day long afterward.

Oh well!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I did 5k on the rower. That machine is brutal!!
It hurts so good nearly the entire workout!
This is where I shall stop increasing distance for a while and work on technique and stroke.
Hoping to be at 10k daily one day and then throw in interval training now and then to spice it up.

Weird thing: The rower is a full body hurt but only while rowing. When I jog, run, or walk my legs hurt all day long afterward.

Oh well!

What kind of rower?

I used to own and use a Concept 2 (brutal).

My wife gave it away. Why? Don't ask me.

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

13,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 2 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

12,000+ steps...
proxy.php

martym

I have been doing some research on the functions in the PM5 monitor on this rower.
It has “single distance” as one of the options. The best thing is that it does a countdown from where you set it.
Today I set it to 5,500 meters.
For me it is so much easier to keep going if I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that it is not a train.
This machine is a darn fine investment for our household. Especially for me!
5,500 meters to start the work day.
WooHoo

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
For stationary bike stuff, I'm doing "qualititative" workouts - going by feel not distance and/or time. I realize this may not be optimal but then again I'm no longer bicycle racing so I don't really have a "goal" except overall health.

Top Bottom