What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

15,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Intrigued

3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

15,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

16,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php

proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Alternated 1 quick lap on elliptical (~ 90 seconds) with 25 kettlebell swings. 10 laps and 250 swings and then a couple more laps to cool down.

Intrigued

proxy.php

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm going to break the rules. I'm posting this to have to be accountable to youse guys.

I'm posting what I'm planning to do tomorrow. A baby step. I'm going to go for a SHORT hike,10 minutes out, and then back, in my woods.

Good intentions without following through may kill me.

So, today is the first day of the rest of my life. I've done this before but it didn't stick. But I had a physical this week and finally heard what I sort of had been expecting to hear since I've been doing absolutely nothing for far too long. I'm pre-diabetic and technically obese. I'm taking two blood pressure meds and a statin for cholesterol. I'm 225 lbs and should be around 175 so need to lose 50 lbs. Most importantly I need to live a healthier lifestyle if I'm going to be around for my son. So, I got off my butt and climbed on the elliptical machine in the basement and did 30 minutes at between 55 and 60 RPMs. Broke a sweat, which is really the point. The plan is to do it again tomorrow and add some push ups and crunches. I'll do the cardio every day and alternate the strength stuff in every other day or so. It's a start. Let's see if I can keep it up this time. I think the first goal is to drop 25 lbs and get myself under 200. If I can do that it should be a good motivator to step things up. I actually think the first 25 will be the easy part, relatively speaking. It's dropping the second 25 that will likely be the bigger challenge. Time will tell.

FarmerTan

So, today is the first day of the rest of my life. I've done this before but it didn't stick. But I had a physical this week and finally heard what I sort of had been expecting to hear since I've been doing absolutely nothing for far too long. I'm pre-diabetic and technically obese. I'm taking two blood pressure meds and a statin for cholesterol. I'm 225 lbs and should be around 175 so need to lose 50 lbs. Most importantly I need to live a healthier lifestyle if I'm going to be around for my son. So, I got off my butt and climbed on the elliptical machine in the basement and did 30 minutes at between 55 and 60 RPMs. Broke a sweat, which is really the point. The plan is to do it again tomorrow and add some push ups and crunches. I'll do the cardio every day and alternate the strength stuff in every other day or so. It's a start. Let's see if I can keep it up this time. I think the first goal is to drop 25 lbs and get myself under 200. If I can do that it should be a good motivator to step things up. I actually think the first 25 will be the easy part, relatively speaking. It's dropping the second 25 that will likely be the bigger challenge. Time will tell.
Excellent start!

I mentioned to my wife my plan to hike the woods and she told me to make sure I water the chickens and gather the eggs! Now I'm stuck with that hike!

I plan to walk out till I'm tired, rest, and walk back. Wish me and my lung luck!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Good luck to both of you. Each day when you don’t wanna get up and get started and you feel something pushing you out of bed or off your buttocks it’s the rest of us here on this thread helping you.
God speed
marty

FarmerTan

Good luck to both of you. Each day when you don’t wanna get up and get started and you feel something pushing you out of bed or off your buttocks it’s the rest of us here on this thread helping you.
God speed
marty
Thanks my friend!

Top Bottom