What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Overhead press, Handstand pushups (six inch range of motion, trying to increase a bit each time I do them), pec deck, various resistance band exercises.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Thursday....
3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

15,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Looking to start lifting again after a few year hiatus. The elbows, shoulders and tendons don't seem to like the heavy compound exercises as much nowadays, so I am looking at doing a full body workout vs. the conventional splits. We will see how it goes.

The only problem is all my paraphernalia got lost in a move so I need to buy straps, protein, supplements, shaker bottles, etc. again. Getting excited tho' LOL!

You don't need heavy compound movements to build muscle or stay healthy. Experiment with new exercises or possibly even modify your position to make it easier on your joints. I'd also suggest increasing your rep ranges on most exercises, especially ones harder on your joints, and warming up thoroughly.

Intrigued

Friday...
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Saturday...
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

16,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

19,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Looking to start lifting again after a few year hiatus. The elbows, shoulders and tendons don't seem to like the heavy compound exercises as much nowadays, so I am looking at doing a full body workout vs. the conventional splits. We will see how it goes.

The only problem is all my paraphernalia got lost in a move so I need to buy straps, protein, supplements, shaker bottles, etc. again. Getting excited tho' LOL!

I'm 50, have lifted since I was 14 and have learned what this guy says is true. At some point as I got older I felt the workout in the joints, not the muscles. Using these principles I am able to keep the stress on the muscles and off the joints. This guy competed in bodybuilding contests that were blood/urine and polygraph tested for PEDS. To me that says something about is integrity. Myself I just like to lift and do more so for strength than too look like a bodybuilder - I don't nor will most of us. We can all get stronger and healthier if we treat it as a tool to be applied, same with various other forms of exercise.

Intrigued

proxy.php

12,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

18,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Top Bottom