What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Wednesday...
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

16,000+ steps...
proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

15,000+ steps.............
proxy.php
Ok... Now you are just showing off!

But seriously folks..... One of my resolutions this year is for healthier choices in many areas of my life. I plan to start small and try to build. I'd appreciate all the help I can get folks!

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

18,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Ok... Now you are just showing off!

But seriously folks..... One of my resolutions this year is for healthier choices in many areas of my life. I plan to start small and try to build. I'd appreciate all the help I can get folks!
If your old enough for this group make sure your aware of any medical issues that would affect or be affected by exercise. Start slow, warm up, cool down stretch, listen to your body....YouTube is invaluable with variety of exercises and workout routines. Progress can take time and is lumpy, not linear. Patience and stay with it. Health is a lifelong marathon not a 100 years dash. Good Luck !!!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shovelglove. John Henry & Me.640..jpg

I'm another week into my routine which is pretty simple.
  • Shovelglove for 14 minutes in the morning, M-F, holidays off. This gets everything.
  • Walk in the lazy river at the Kroc Center several times a week. I think I got in the water either Saturday or Sunday last weekend, then Tuesday and Wednesday, then Saturday and Sunday.
  • Shovelglove pairs very well with the lazy river walks. Shovelglove is extremely effective and efficient.
I'm thinking most weeks I'll do the lazy river Tuesday and Thursday after work, and both Saturday and Sunday. That's about all my legs can stand without being too sore. I can't walk far enough to count as exercise on land without hip pain stopping me, but walking in the water works very well as a substitute, and walking in water is great resistance exercise. It's much more effective than it feels like it would be when you're doing it.

The Kroc Center was closed Christmas Eve and Christmas and then New Years Eve and New Year. Kinda threw my rhythm off, but I managed. Not a big deal.

Happy New Year,

Jim

Intrigued

Monday...
Various stretches worked in with 2 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

17,000+ steps...
proxy.php

FarmerTan

I am so proud of myself. Don't laugh, but I was able to walk, at an amazing pace for me, this late afternoon!

My lovely bride got home from taking her mom to an appointment and wanted to go for a walk. I invited myself and we walked a FULL mile! I haven't been able to do that without being exhausted for over a year!

Lol, I did take about 26 minutes to do it, but I did it! I can remember when I did two miles in that time and barely broke a sweat!

FarmerTan

I am so proud of myself. Don't laugh, but I was able to walk, at an amazing pace for me, this late afternoon!

My lovely bride got home from taking her mom to an appointment and wanted to go for a walk. I invited myself and we walked a FULL mile! I haven't been able to do that without being exhausted for over a year!

Lol, I did take about 26 minutes to do it, but I did it! I can remember when I did two miles in that time and barely broke a sweat!
It's funny, my property line is at the exact half mile mark on our road. There is a spot with a metal plate in the center of the road that covers the surveyor's spike, or whatever it's called.

When we get towards the one a half mile away we ALWAYS try to beat the other to be the first to touch it with our toe.

It has been so long since I have been able to go that far that my wife forgot about the buried survey stake? and there was no contest! I won and got to brag!

I'm such a third grader!!!

Top Bottom