What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Lame since I had to stop wrestling training because of Covid.

This is my routine 3 x week:

30 min of stationary bike
4 x 12 leg presses
4 x 12 leg balance
4 x 12 dead lifts
4 x 20 kettle bell swings
4 x 20 kettle bell arm pulls
4 x 10 bench presses
4 x 10 dumbbell lateral raise
30 minute long stretching

I am not loosing wieght at all, I even packed some kilos. Thirty minute-long on the stationary bike does not make up for a good 2 hour long wrestling training session.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

16,000+ steps.............
proxy.php

I classify as an "old fogie" and I just check my weight and I crossed 200 which I never like to do.
My food habits are atrocious and I have too much liquor and nicotine in my diet, which I need to correct.
I know my cholesterol levels are sky high (they have been for years) so I need to focus on my eating habits as well.
I should join this thread to keep myself accountable and to focus on getting healthier - I don't want to make a Dr appt until I drop some weight.
This weekend I hiked a few miles to kick-off my journey (mental note start tracking walks/hikes with app).
Starting slowly today and will continue to add exercises into my regime:

Date/TimeWeight (lbs)Push-UpsSit-Ups
11/9/2020201.91130

Since this is a shavers forum: I did set the bevel & sharpen my two dixie SR's this weekend to 16K grit ;)

Did not see age specification for "old fogie" but my post should reflect that regardless of age, I am in fact just that....

Was doing full body workout 3~ times per week. Heavy weight, 3-5 rep range, for 5 sets. Pulled muscle in my neck during a push press. Not my first pulled muscle. OK, back to body weight exercises I guess. My heavy lifting days are over. So I start a push up challenge to do 11,525 push ups in 90 days. I get to the point where I am doing 5 sets of 35 every day and my shoulders are telling me I am never going to reach 5 sets of 50 push ups a day. Change motor in a car and boom.... I struggle to lift a water glass for a week. So, my work out of the day (well yesterday) was putting a metal roof on my nephews house. Well that was 2 days. The workout before that is clearing hedge and locust trees from the pasture. Actually quite a workout.

TLDR:
I am apparently too old to "work out" and must save what little bit of physical aptitude I have left for the work that needs done.

Enjoy those workouts. Good for the body, mind, and soul.

Did not see age specification for "old fogie" but my post should reflect that regardless of age, I am in fact just that....

Was doing full body workout 3~ times per week. Heavy weight, 3-5 rep range, for 5 sets. Pulled muscle in my neck during a push press. Not my first pulled muscle. OK, back to body weight exercises I guess. My heavy lifting days are over. So I start a push up challenge to do 11,525 push ups in 90 days. I get to the point where I am doing 5 sets of 35 every day and my shoulders are telling me I am never going to reach 5 sets of 50 push ups a day. Change motor in a car and boom.... I struggle to lift a water glass for a week. So, my work out of the day (well yesterday) was putting a metal roof on my nephews house. Well that was 2 days. The workout before that is clearing hedge and locust trees from the pasture. Actually quite a workout.

TLDR:
I am apparently too old to "work out" and must save what little bit of physical aptitude I have left for the work that needs done.

Enjoy those workouts. Good for the body, mind, and soul.

I know how that feels, in my 30's I could keep up progressive weight p90x workouts - at 50 I know I need to take it way down to minimize the risk of injury. My goal is just a general healthy fitness level. IMHO yard work counts as a workout!

Keeping it light to start:

11/9
Weight: 201.9
Push-Ups: 11
Sit-Ups: 30
Fast Walk: 3 miles
Upright Rows: 12 (20lb.)
Alternating Shoulder Press: 12 (20lb.)

In addition watched what I ate and keep healthy + low carb.

11/10
Weight: 198.7 (-3 lbs.) - undoubtedly mostly water weight

OK honestly I'm a little dehydrated from too much wine last night so the weight loss is deceiving.
No walk yesterday or today due to weather.

11/11
Weight: 194.9

11/10
Weight: 198.7
Push-Ups: 12
Push-Ups Wide Fly: 12
Squats: 20
One Arm Rows: 20 (20lb)
Concentration Curls: 12 (20lb)
Lying Tricep Extension: 8 (20lb)

11/9
Weight: 201.9
Push-Ups: 11
Sit-Ups: 30
Fast Walk: 3 miles
Upright Rows: 12 (20lb.)
Alternating Shoulder Press: 12 (20lb.)

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

16,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Yesterday was a long work day with no time for working out.

11/12
Weight: 195.3

11/11
Weight: 194.9
Push-Ups Decline: 12

11/10
Weight: 198.7
Push-Ups: 12
Push-Ups Wide Fly: 12
Squats: 20
One Arm Rows: 20 (20lb)
Concentration Curls: 12 (20lb)