What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

16,000+ steps.............
proxy.php

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
View attachment 1172695

Another week of Shovelglove is finished. In a little while I'll go to the Kroc Center pool and walk in their lazy river which is a killer leg workout; about three or four times a week is about right for me walking against that current.

Sometimes I do other exercises in the pool or swim laps, but mostly I'm currently into the lazy river + Shovelglove - 14 minutes - five mornings a week with the hammer. It's a damn effective exercise regime.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Reinhard named or rather applied one of my suggested names to the the movement formerly known as the "no name movement". So that's my claim to fame.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Reinhard named or rather applied one of my suggested names to the the movement formerly known as the "no name movement". So that's my claim to fame.

I'll have to look that one up. What's the name you suggested, the new name?

Pretty cool to be able to name the exercise. Are you doing Shovelglove?

Shovelglove 14 minutes M-F, John Henry (meme).480.jpg

⬅ Just completed another week of my M-F Shovelglove.

This afternoon I'll go to the Kroc Center to exercise in the pool, particularly to walk against the current in the lazy river ➡

I'm in the pool at least three or four times a week these days.

1604079128233.png

Shovelglove is an amazingly effective and efficient resistance program. Almost no equipment. Fourteen minutes seems like no time at all + there's zero drive time. No warmup. No cool down. As simple as a resistance workout can get I think.

The really big deal about Shovelglove is how effective it is.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'll have to look that one up. What's the name you suggested, the new name?

Pretty cool to be able to name the exercise. Are you doing Shovelglove?

View attachment 1175710
⬅ Just completed another week of my M-F Shovelglove.

This afternoon I'll go to the Kroc Center to exercise in the pool, particularly to walk against the current in the lazy river ➡

I'm in the pool at least three or four times a week these days.

View attachment 1175711

Shovelglove is an amazingly effective and efficient resistance program. Almost no equipment. Fourteen minutes seems like no time at all + there's zero drive time. No warmup. No cool down. As simple as a resistance workout can get I think.

The really big deal about Shovelglove is how effective it is.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I am not at the moment. It is a good workout. Very practical, approachable and doable. Currently I'm doing mostly latex bands for strength training and sometimes isometrics. I suggested curl swings for the move that is now Flip the Lever but was formerly unnamed.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am not at the moment. It is a good workout. Very practical, approachable and doable. Currently I'm doing mostly latex bands for strength training and sometimes isometrics. I suggested curl swings for the move that is now Flip the Lever but was formerly unnamed.

Thanks.

To my way of thinking all exercise is good but only if you do it, so do what you'll do, and switch to something else whenever you feel like it. I've done a slew of different routines and such.

I do Flip the Lever. Probably everybody does.

The name curl swings would sometimes fit what I do even better, but not always. Kinda depends on whether I get my lower body into it or isolate the movement. I do both. Probably everyone does.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

16,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shovelglove. John Henry & Me.640..jpg

⬅ This morning I did my usual Monday through Friday 14 minute Shovelglove workout.

Then I walked and such for 30 minutes at the Kroc Center in their lazy river.➡

Good start to the week.​

Lazy River at Kroc Center Augusta.jpg

Happy shaves,

Jim

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

17,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

16,000+ steps.............
proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php

16,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

17,000+ steps.............
proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php

16,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Top Bottom