What's new

Old favorite no longer any good...

Yes, maybe my technique have changed, I don't know.
I use my regular creams/soaps I have used for several years.
I have how ever changed my rotation of razors, I don't use my old Tech's as often as I used to.
Now I mostly use my Gillette Flare Tip (British), Parker Semi-Slant and Fatip Grande OC.
There’s your answer, probably.
And dont underestimate how fast you are aging.

I bought some Lord Platijums several yers ago. They were OK, but I have enough other blades that I preferred, so I quit using them. It's been over 2 years now, and I finally got out a New Lord and did a shave with one of my Pre War Gillette Fat handles. the shave was close & smooth. I did a 2nd shave with a Gillette Slim Adjustable & also got an above average shav. i'll be using them again more often. I've found that I'm getting better shaves recently with blades I've been dissatisfied with in years past & all work just fine. I attribute the better shaves are due to me using either Shannon's Soaps or Stirling Soaps.

When all else fails, I can always depend on my puck of Williams, always at the ready in a mug on my countertop. It works well with any brush I decide to use, whether synthetic, boar, badger or horsehair.

Top Bottom