What's new

Old fashioned vs electric razors

Between manual razors that dont have screens and have actual blades vs panasonic foil shavers, which one prevail when it comes to cutting more hairs????

Well, technically and ideally, the "number of hairs cut" by either a conventional bladed razor or an electric will be exactly the same - all of them on your face, since presumably by shaving you want to remove your facial hair (in the beard area) when you shave. So the hair you pass over with a shaver/razor will be removed regardless of what you shave with. Closeness is a separate topic. Another question might be "which method provides a more uniform removal of hair?", and my personal opinion is it's the electric - more related to technique.

Shaving with a blade requires practice to get a good shave - many new users here - and even old users - miss spots, or some areas on your face might need extra attention. Getting a close, smooth shave with a blade requires experience - and most of us are still searching - learning buffing, J-hook, sliding, etc. Shaving with an electric requires you to press the foil/comb against your skin and move it around. That's it. Simplifying, but any inexperienced shaver can get a reasonably close, uniform shave with any electric. Not so much with a straight razor, or a slant, or an R41 OC, although an electric shave can certainly be improved with experience too. My opinion only.

Well, technically and ideally, the "number of hairs cut" by either a conventional bladed razor or an electric will be exactly the same - all of them on your face, since presumably by shaving you want to remove your facial hair (in the beard area) when you shave. So the hair you pass over with a shaver/razor will be removed regardless of what you shave with. Closeness is a separate topic. Another question might be "which method provides a more uniform removal of hair?", and my personal opinion is it's the electric - more related to technique.

Shaving with a blade requires practice to get a good shave - many new users here - and even old users - miss spots, or some areas on your face might need extra attention. Getting a close, smooth shave with a blade requires experience - and most of us are still searching - learning buffing, J-hook, sliding, etc. Shaving with an electric requires you to press the foil/comb against your skin and move it around. That's it. Simplifying, but any inexperienced shaver can get a reasonably close, uniform shave with any electric. Not so much with a straight razor, or a slant, or an R41 OC, although an electric shave can certainly be improved with experience too. My opinion only.
But in your opinion, which of the two will give a closer shave not only for guys but for women too? Blade or electric if its closeness were talking about??

Top Bottom