What's new

Old Codger Pipes

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I was going through my pipes and noticed I had several Codger Pipes. Anyone else have a few?

Left to right:

Dad's old Yello-Bole

Dr. Grabow Grand Duke

Dr. Grabow Royalton

Medico

Kaywoodie

1664312327021.png

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I inherited my Dad's old pipes, Medico, Graybow, Kawoodie, Rossi, no-names, a Savinelli and an Armellini, his nicest pipe.

Last edited:
Probably half of my collection would be called codger pipes. I used to hunt out Weber, the old Linkman's Grabows, KBB and Custombilts. If you bought them in a lot of pipes, you always wound up with a Medico or Yello-bole.

Does anyone else know how poorly brylon smokes? 😉

I've got more Grabows than you can shake a stick at, good smokers all and most have condensers instead of using filters. There's a few Medico's in the mix, some nice Kaywoodies, and even a Yellow Bole or two. All are estate findls.

Is it only those brands that qualify as codger equipment, or can other "everyday" American pipe brands (of the kind we see on The Codger Cabin) qualify? Mastercraft, for instance? Keyser, Marxman, or Wally Frank?

Is it only those brands that qualify as codger equipment, or can other "everyday" American pipe brands (of the kind we see on The Codger Cabin) qualify? Mastercraft, for instance? Keyser, Marxman, or Wally Frank?
They all count, I think. Any pipe you could pluck off a display card in a drug store back in the day would count in my opinion. Wally Frank sold most of their wares via catalog sales, and had some major European pipe makers supply their houses branded pipes, so they may be in the upper range of the codger pipe lines.

Top Bottom