What's new

Old boy sends me a new friend

This is a bittersweet topic for me, but I wanted to share it nonetheless. Back in October 2020, I had to put down my best friend of 15 and a half years. It was a heartbreaking time in my life and there hasn’t been a day that’s gone by that I haven’t thought about my buddy, Diesel. I made a post as he started to fail in health, and I must thank all of you for being so supportive. You can find it detailed below if you’re so inclined.

Making the call

However, this is not a thread about sad news.

Months back I would find myself looking online at puppies, and specifically, Miniature Pinschers (like Diesel.) Everything I found was out of province or out of the country. More so, no litters planned from any of the breeders due to pandemic restrictions. I was lonely, still healing and I was in need of bond that no human could offer. I looked at the local humane society for any dog, but none of them were suitable for a home with kids.

I finally came to terms with it and gave up on finding a new friend.

About a week or so back, I was up late and unable to sleep. I was watching some television when I caught a picture of my boy out of the corner of my eye. After staring at him for a while, I had this overwhelming feeling to jump online and search for Miniature Pinschers (That was Diesel’s breed.) I can’t really explain it. The very first thing I came across was a link to a local breeder who had 2 out of 5 pups that were looking for a new home. I sent an email almost immediately without giving it any thought. We conversed back and forth and I was invited to come and see the pups in person. After a heartfelt discussion with my lovely she wife, she looked me straight in the eyes and said “Go get your baby boy.”

On July 1st I met my new friend and he’ll be coming home in a few weeks. I wanted to introduce you all to Brutus.

8C3FE313-1162-4CC4-B8C8-FEFD6E80D610.jpeg

While I realize I’ll never be able to replace Diesel, I would like to hope that he somehow played a part in helping me find Brutus. I still miss Diesel daily, but having a new friend will help mend some of the wound.

My kids have no idea, and I’m excited to surprise them.

Thanks for reading.

Brad

This is a bittersweet topic for me, but I wanted to share it nonetheless. Back in October 2020, I had to put down my best friend of 15 and a half years. It was a heartbreaking time in my life and there hasn’t been a day that’s gone by that I haven’t thought about my buddy, Diesel. I made a post as he started to fail in health, and I must thank all of you for being so supportive. You can find it detailed below if you’re so inclined.

Making the call

However, this is not a thread about sad news.

Months back I would find myself looking online at puppies, and specifically, Miniature Pinschers (like Diesel.) Everything I found was out of province or out of the country. More so, no litters planned from any of the breeders due to pandemic restrictions. I was lonely, still healing and I was in need of bond that no human could offer. I looked at the local humane society for any dog, but none of them were suitable for a home with kids.

I finally came to terms with it and gave up on finding a new friend.

About a week or so back, I was up late and unable to sleep. I was watching some television when I caught a picture of my boy out of the corner of my eye. After staring at him for a while, I had this overwhelming feeling to jump online and search for Miniature Pinschers (That was Diesel’s breed.) I can’t really explain it. The very first thing I came across was a link to a local breeder who had 2 out of 5 pups that were looking for a new home. I sent an email almost immediately without giving it any thought. We conversed back and forth and I was invited to come and see the pups in person. After a heartfelt discussion with my lovely she wife, she looked me straight in the eyes and said “Go get your baby boy.”

On July 1st I met my new friend and he’ll be coming home in a few weeks. I wanted to introduce you all to Brutus.

View attachment 1293560

While I realize I’ll never be able to replace Diesel, I would like to hope that he somehow played a part in helping me find Brutus. I still miss Diesel daily, but having a new friend will help mend some of the wound.

My kids have no idea, and I’m excited to surprise them.

Thanks for reading.

Brad
What a cutie! You need to make his sit command "Et tu Brute!"

Top Bottom