What's new

Oklahoma City, OK

It looks like I may have to make a trip to the City soon. It would be nice to know what her hours are though, before I drive over from Shawnee. If you have a chance to find out, Gary, please let me know!

It looks like I may have to make a trip to the City soon. It would be nice to know what her hours are though, before I drive over from Shawnee. If you have a chance to find out, Gary, please let me know!

Well, that's the problem. :biggrin1: She has hours posted, but calling ahead is the best way. She doesn't stick to the posted hours very well. I have a theory that she's Mrs. Anderson, but can't swear to it.

When I was there, there was a guy who kept saying he was helping the owner out. He did mention that they usually make deliveries in the mornings and don't open up the store until around noon. He was very receptive to trying to stock whatever you're looking for and said the only reason he ordered the large variety of Pinaud stuff was because someone requested it. I work midtown at American Fidelity and called before I went over - not too much of a lunchtime drive but I was unsure if they were even in business - and he said yes, come on in. I got the impression that calling beforehand would probably be the best idea.

Carwin's Shave Shop is at new location at classen and grand. Jim was a super nice guy, I told him I was new to this whole thing, so he spent about 30 min with me going over each product and how to use it. He then gave me about 10 samples of different shaving creams and soaps. I ended up buying a Merkur 23C long for $40, a pack of feather blades, and Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shaving Cream. Just got home and had my first razor shave. BBS with one weeper on my neck, I would call that success. :)

Last edited:
Regarding Anderson's on West Main St. I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get in. Twice I took folks with me, expecting to browse a bit, and the door's been locked. The second time we went by, a gentleman came up to us and talked for a moment. He is a barber with a shop nearby, and said he needs some supplies but the store's never open when he goes by. That's when I started calling periodically through the afternoon, and all I get is the answering machine. I'll keep trying this week, but definitely won't go over there unless I've spoken to someone first, who will be expecting me.

Hey Guys!
Carwin's Shave Shop's new address is 5710 N. Classen Blvd. Come in and take a look sometime. If you don't see what you like, let us know and we will order it for you.

Anderson's: I've been calling every single day. She finally answered the phone on Friday, 9/9, but I couldn't make it due to a metting at work that went long. There were 2 weeks of calling every hour between 12:30 & 4:30 with no answer.

I finally left a message, asking that they call me. To my surprise, someone called me back. It sounded like a younger woman. She told me that someone who had been helping her was no longer able to help, and that she can't be there until around 3:30 or 4:00. I told her I'd try calling around that time and if I could, I'd try to go downtown when I knew is going to be there, but I haven't had time at work to even call her for the past several days. It's frustrating. I wouldn't normally be quite so persistent, but this is one of those "pieces of history" that's miraculously still around - even if it's not open most of the time. What else can I do!

I'm with you. I work at 23rd & Classen and I can swing by there on a lunch break no sweat if I could just find them open. I know of several items they have that I'm wanting. I haven't tried leaving a message like you did, though.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Hey Guys!
Carwin's Shave Shop's new address is 5710 N. Classen Blvd. Come in and take a look sometime. If you don't see what you like, let us know and we will order it for you.

Welcome back to the forum Jim. My wife and I stopped by the new shop a few weeks back. Looks great! You were gone, but the guy working said you might possibly be offering straight shaves soon?

Hey guys! Newbie here. Just got back from a visit to the locked front door of Anderson's Barber Supply, but I made a mental note of the hours as posted on the door:

Mon: 12:30-4:30

Tue - Fri: 4:15-5:30

Closed Saturday and Sunday

I sure wish I could work 9 hours a week! What a gig. Still, I will try and get by there when they are open and give an update on the inventory.

(My Barber told me this store is a must see)

How have I never seen this thread???? I'll have to stop by the shop on Classen next time I'm up that way. I'm pretty set on shave gear, but I always like to look around. If they stock Castle Forbes AS balms, I'll need my checkbook.

How have I never seen this thread???? I'll have to stop by the shop on Classen next time I'm up that way. I'm pretty set on shave gear, but I always like to look around. If they stock Castle Forbes AS balms, I'll need my checkbook.

I was in Carwin's about a week before Thanksgiving and didn't see any CF products (if I had, I'd be even more broke than I already am). Looking at their site http://www.carwinsshaveshop.com, it isn't listed on their product list. They do carry Lucky Tiger, Jack Black, and T&H and have a nice selection of Merkur and Edwin Jagger razors as well as a few straights from Dovo that are tempting me to make the jump to "cutthroats".

Top Bottom