What's new

Okay - tell me what you think of this picture...

We have run out of our coffee mugs and decided to retool the look of them. We have come up with what we believe is a more nautical vibe to the piece. Rather than the clay that our lather bowls are made from this is a more rugged looking stoneware. The bonus is that the stoneware makes possible the "break" as they call it in the trade - the bleeding through of the darker tone into the vibrant blue. Essentially the glaze wants to run off any high parts like the top edge and edges of the handle, exposing a second tone underneath.

Tell us what you think of this new look.

Would you buy it at $24.95?

IMG_4670.jpeg

I like the color scheme but think I prefer the mug style of the old ones better. The close up lacks size perspective but I have to agree somewhat with the above comment, if that mug is too big that style could look more beer mug than coffee mug. Would it have a logo on it? As pictured exactly above probably not a buy for me.

It looks upside down and I prefer shorter and wider coffee cups. I like the colors and the color transitions and I like the way stoneware holds heat. I find $25.00 really high for a coffee mug.

As I mentioned elsewhere, but will put here for representation, as long as it is 16oz or bigger, I love it. Could be because my cup holds every beverage, not just coffee. Could be because I like the sort of cave man/viking horn-esk look. IDK. I like it and would not pay $25 for it...... However I would suggest my wife pay $25 for it for Fathers day, Christmas, Birthday, SOMETHING LOL

I like the color and choice of stoneware. If only used for drinking (not shaving) then I like the tankard shape.
I think the handle is too close to the top lip/brim.
Good luck!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Personally I like it. Very cool color. I very much like the fluted shape. Very nautical and beer or grog mug like. It looks like a large one. What’s the capacity? The price looks right assuming it’s a larger mug. Will there be a cc logo? I also like the handle shape and texture.

Personally I like it. Very cool color. I very much like the fluted shape. Very nautical and beer or grog mug like. It looks like a large one. What’s the capacity? The price looks right assuming it’s a larger mug. Will there be a cc logo? I also like the handle shape and texture.

It holds a full 12 ounces and the Captain's Choice logo would be set into the middle of it.

Wow! That looks amazing. Looks like a mug full of beer at a tavern in LOTR, haha. If was looking for another mug, I'd definitely give this one a go.

Gorgeous. It might not be the greatest of marketing but I would prefer you stamped your logo on the bottom let us
enjoy the beauty of that glaze. And I don't even drink coffee...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like my coffee black, hot, and 90% of the time in a restaurant style of cup, about 6oz makes it too full for me. I also have a diner style cup I like that holds 8oz comfortably. I would probably use the cup as designed, all things being equal. It would hold the heat better than my china restaurant style cup, at least as well as my diner one made of a stout ceramic.

Lately I have been taking to percolating my coffee, and enjoy a cup that could handle 11 or 12 ounces comfortably. I could see me using THAT cup.

For reference: I pretty much despise those big fat coffee cups almost everyone gets for Christmas presents and regifts. They are too big around for me, and I don't like "sayings" on them.

I am VERY autstic like in my sensory perception of physical touch. Sorry for the laundry list.

$25 tho? That would require budgetary expenditures approved by my lovely War Department though.

Edit: I should have added that the shape of that cup looks nice for holding WITHOUT using the handle, which I prefer about 50% of the time.

Thank you Cappy.

Top Bottom