What's new

Okay, for real this time...

Which Brush

• Keyhole 1

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm actually ready to buy my next costlier brush. I have a Berkeley, Special, and Wee Scot. My sweet spot is the 18-20mm range. Your potential choices for me are:

Simpsons Keyhole 1

Simpsons 55

That is all. They are the right size, the right hair, and close to the same price.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I voted for the Keyhole, but I would be equally happy with a "55". The Keyhole has such a cool unusual handle.

I haven't used either but I prefer the looks of the 55 handle. But that's probably because the 56 is on my short list as a companion for my Berkeley.

With the Keyhole, you're paying a big premium for the handle.

I would never consider the 55, when for an extra five bucks you could get the 56, which is a little larger knot but still in the middle of your size criteria. Both are about double the price of the Berkeley (which I can't figure out for the life of me, but I have not personally held or used a Fifty series) for a knot that is smaller.

Both fairly obscure. The Keyhole is almost never seen around here.

Voted 55. Based on what I am seeing so far with my 57, if you don't buy it, I just might buy it for you.

Although I really like the handle of the Keyhole. I think the loft of the brush in relation to the knot is high in comparison to most other Simpsons. This might be nice for you if you want a change. I would prefer the more common knot of the 55.

If you end up choosing the Keyhole I would be curious about how you like the knot compared to those of the Simpsons you have.

22 votes and we are tied at 50-50 still. I will probably end up buying the 55 and selling it to fund the Keyhole.

But if I like it I will need both.

I agree.
55 it should be (though considering a 56 is an option).

The Fifties series IMHO look way better.
Not that the key hole isn't a nice shape, but it lacks in the style department.

YMMV, as always.

The Keyhole is almost never seen around here.
And there must be a reason for that. As absurd a price tag as the smaller Harvards.

Perhaps for "completist" collectors. From a shaving tool point of view, it seems there are much better choices for the price.

And there must be a reason for that. As absurd a price tag as the smaller Harvards.

Perhaps for "completist" collectors. From a shaving tool point of view, it seems there are much better choices for the price.

I am hearing the tinny sound of the YMMV fairy whispering in my ear. :lol:

I am hearing the tinny sound of the YMMV fairy whispering in my ear. :lol:
It's not just my mileage. Apparently it's very widespread. If the Keyholes and smaller Harvards warranted widespread use, believe me we would hear a lot more about them on here.:001_smile

Top Bottom