What's new

"Okay boomer..."

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
99% rule. Out of almost any normal group 99% of the group is cool. The last 1% ruin it for everyone else.

very true. I tend to be a pessimist, but if you give people a chance, most are okay.
Young people have been griping and insulting older generations for years...

There is nothing new under the sun
Yep. Get off of my lawn. :)

boomer.png

Very true. Every older generation thinks the younger one has no work ethic and listens to bad music.
True. History does tend to repeat itself. We boomers protested against our parents generation and they complained about us. And on and on. Internet seems to have egged on this new use of language. Personally I find it all amusing. Each generation likes to think it is so different than the last one but truthfully we have more in common than we realize. I say good on the new generation calling out the boomers. We could do with a dose of our own medicine. Let's not forget they are our children and it is in them that we place our hope for the future.

The boomers (born between 1946-1964) were the first gen to publicly hate and rebel on their elders, give up all their ancestral values and tradition, abuse material and spiritual heritage, do drugs, new ageism, sodomy, corrupt all institutions etc. etc. They did that "Do what thy will" a bit much. We live in the fruit of their labor as we speak. Their offspring criticising them is only natural, which doesn't mean the followup gens don't have their own rotten civilizational yields.

They are born out of prosperity, but brought very little of it.

Last edited:
The boomers (born between 1946-1964) were the first gen to publicly hate and rebel on their elders, give up all their ancestral values and tradition, abuse material and spiritual heritage, do drugs, new ageism, sodomy, corrupt all institutions etc. etc. We live in the fruit of their labor as we speak. Their offspring criticising them is only natural, which doesn't mean the followup gens don't have their own rotten civilizational yields.

I think you are listening to someone's talking points. There are people in every generation that did those things. Of course, yours is the worst because you are doing it on the internet. :p

Not a boomer invention. It was invented in 1959. The oldest boomer would have only been 13.

Talk about not seeing the point, or the bigger picture. It's a dystopia themed song.

Of course there were other rebellious anti-value elements in previous generations, but they were at the social engineering origin, hidden out of plain sight in their lodges, societies and offices. The boomers made the injected subculture into wide spread pop culture. The world of the upside down. If you have religious relic or impressionist painting on your wall instead of poster of Freddie Mercury or Dr. Dre, you get be the fool this time.

Get off my lawn, boomer. :001_tt2:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Talk about not seeing the point, or the bigger picture. It's a dystopia themed song.

Of course there were other rebellious anti-value elements in previous generations, but they were at the social engineering origin, hidden out of plain sight in their lodges, societies and offices. The boomers made the injected subculture into wide spread pop culture. The world of the upside down. If you have religious relic or impressionist painting on your wall instead of poster of Freddie Mercury or Dr. Dre, you get be the fool this time.

Get off my lawn, boomer. :001_tt2:
Being a Baby boomer, I love the new phrase "OK Boomer! Every time I do something boneheaded I say, "OK Boomer". It's now replaced "Woah there cowboy". :w00t:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
So what's so wrong with being a boomer, aside from the usual travails of growing older. We got through the Eisenhower years, had our hearts broken by assassinations, opposed the war in Viet Nam, supported civil rights and feminism, made amazing music and amazing movies. Not a bad score; I wouldn't have missed it for anything.
Actually, the music that defined the 1960's were all part of the silent generation from the Beatles to the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Buffalo Springfield, The Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, The Band, and Dylan etc. The people at the fore front of the civil rights movement, and radicals, like Dr. King, Malcom X, Abbie Hoffman, Gloria Steinem, Eldridge Cleaver, John Trudell, Kerouac, Ken Kesey, Ram Dass were all the (not so) Silent Generation.

We did have Joe Strummer though:

Last edited:
The virtues that came from the boomers worthy of praise are pacifism and overcoming racial and social discrimination. Not the internet (military project).

Top Bottom