What's new

"Okay boomer..."

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Raven it gives me no solace. I'm not a cold hearted guy. I do fear for them, my grand kids, and for those yet to come. To many mixed messages out there now. For one. The internet began as I wonderful tool and now it has a morphed in something else with many tentacles and corrupting facets. If I could have just one wish; it would be to bring back the phone booth, penny candy, and the typing pool. That would surely solve this mess..... (Aw-shucks I guess that was three wishes)
Yes, I hear you.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
CC6B0FE3-9421-408B-9710-EC31469DC2C3.jpeg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Back in my day, we’d all band together and complain about yuppies.

What's does "actionable" phrase mean?

You can file an HR complaint or take them to court. It's considered extortion to say you will file a complaint, so people say the action was actionable. Back when I was a kid, if something was actionable, you'd hire a handicapper.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Yes, Sir" and "Yes, Ma'am" became actionable phrases.

They would be if used in a sarcastic or dismissive way. Tone of voice and body language are everything. In general, having an attitude with anyone in your workplace, whether they're older or younger or the same age, is likely to get you in hot water when you're expected to act like a professional.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
They would be if used in a sarcastic or dismissive way. Tone of voice and body language are everything. In general, having an attitude with anyone in your workplace, whether they're older or younger or the same age, is likely to get you in hot water when you're expected to act like a professional.

Sounds like behavior police. Wonderful.

Sense the sarcasm?

Oops.

No need to file a complaint just because some punk said "Ok Boomer" to me. You just take them out back and beat the living bejeezus out of them. :w00t::a11:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No need to file a complaint just because some punk said "Ok Boomer" to me. You just take them out back and beat the living bejeezus out of them. :w00t::a11:

We got ourselves another Larry Merchant here, folks!

Top Bottom