What's new

"Okay boomer..."

Back in the day we had a Boomer on my crew
Boomer.JPG
:

Sounds like behavior police. Wonderful.

Sense the sarcasm?

Oops.

Call it what you want. I don’t know or care what kind of places you work in, but in the kinds of places where I work, people are expected to treat one another with professional respect or they will be cordially “invited” to find employment elsewhere. It’s pretty easy to do and more work gets done that way.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Call it what you want. I don’t know or care what kind of places you work in, but in the kinds of places where I work, people are expected to treat one another with professional respect or they will be cordially “invited” to find employment elsewhere. It’s pretty easy to do and more work gets done that way.

While I don't disagree with anything above, I find it alarming that the utterance of "OK Boomer" to a colleague might be worthy of a court case.

And where I've worked, trouble makers weren't "invited" to do anything. They were fired, terminated, let go, if their actions warranted. I've always preferred direct and precise speech, less confusion that way.

The sliver-haired head is a crown of splendor and glory; it is found in the way of righteousness.

When I first saw that phrase, I assumed it had something to do with OU.

What's does "actionable" phrase mean?
You can file an HR complaint or take them to court. It's considered extortion to say you will file a complaint, so people say the action was actionable. Back when I was a kid, if something was actionable, you'd hire a handicapper.

Pretty much spot on.

While I don't disagree with anything above, I find it alarming that the utterance of "OK Boomer" to a colleague might be worthy of a court case.

It isn't, but with the kangaroo court nature of our Human Rights Tribunals up here in Canada, there is ALWAYS some shiftless layabout looking to cash in on an issue that, were it appear before a REAL Court, would be dismissed with prejudice.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
It isn't, but with the kangaroo court nature of our Human Rights Tribunals up here in Canada, there is ALWAYS some shiftless layabout looking to cash in on an issue that, were it appear before a REAL Court, would be dismissed with prejudice.

This seems less crazy. Thanks.

My daughter, who is 14, recently tried the "Ok boomer" on me. I told her to not ever say that to me again and I asked if she even knows what a boomer is. Of course, she didn't. Then, I had to explain that I'm not even a boomer. I'm Gen X.

Saw an Abarth with ok boomr for it’s plate.

and from an old western....”I kinda relish gettin’ old. It takes the bother out of living.”

Also Boomers...fought in Vietnam, opposed detente with Soviets, asked questions (at least) about the enlargement of govt, coarsening of popular culture and deliberate undermining of traditional values.

Top Bottom