What's new

Ok where can I purchase cigars online without joining a club?

Hi Gents,
Just want to purchase cigars and accessories without getting involved in the Thompson nightmare I finally got out of. Please give me some options. Cheers!
Alex

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Argh Thompson’s Cigars!

Cigars International will do right by you. I also like JRCigars.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Yep, JR is good, Cigars International is good. If you want to play in the deep end, cigarbid is also good. But don’t blame me when you have 7 boxes of cigars on the way to you and you need to set up a new coolidor to store them all! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Are Cuban cigars sold to usa buyers?Or are they banned or re banned?

Others can weigh in, but my understanding of current regs, is its ok to buy them abroad and bring them back, but not technically ok to mail order them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Cigars International is a good vendor. I get regular catalogs from them and Cigar.com, and have for a number of years. I haven’t seen Cubans in either catalog.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I agree that CI and JR are good. I've also had good experience with Famous Smoke Shop.

Others can weigh in, but my understanding of current regs, is its ok to buy them abroad and bring them back, but not technically ok to mail order them.

My son just got back from Cuba and brought a bunch with him, no issues. I do think there is a limit though.

The limit is 100 sticks per adult.

I think he brought 25. I havent even had one yet and I think they are dry already. We're working on that though. Then again, I wouldnt know a good one from a bad one.....yet.

Primarily JR's. I've always signed up for JR Plus, which gets you free shipping with no exclusions. I think it was cheaper when I first started, but now is $60/year. Their shipping charges are a flat rate $6.99 or approx. 8.6 orders to pay for the subscription. What I like is I'm able to buy anything I need without thinking about the s/h costs. For example, I can buy one lighter or a few bags of pipe cleaners with "free" shipping. Since I've started smoking my pipes again, I'm smoking way fewer cigars so my strategy may have to change at JR.

Famous Smoke
Holt Cigars
CI
JR

Compare prices before you pull the trigger. There always seems to be a giveaway or deal when you buy a box with Famous or Holt.

Check cigarbid.com as well.
Same inventory as CI because if it isn't the same company, I know for a fact they use the same warehouse.

Top Bottom