What's new

OK, what is the most UNDERrated product?

We have the negative thread, now lets get positive. What is the most UNDERRATED shave product?

Godrej Deluxe, an often overlooked, low cost SC ($5), incredible performer.

Col Conk Bay Rum Puck. Cheap and good.

Provence Sante, not a lot of love for this one, but I NEVER have a bad shave with it. $10

Masters Bay Rum AS, serious Bay Rum.

I'll second the Col Conk bay rum soap. Next is good boar brushes. I know what you're thinking, but I have a great brush from Omega that I use for face lathering. It is much faster than badger. I'm not sure why there are two camps on this, I own badger and boar brushes, like any tool there is a correct one for the job at hand. Or a least a choice that is better than others.

Some products don't get as much attention as they deserve.

Lord LP1822 aka L6 razor (with the casted head) is one for sure; for around $10 you have years worth of quality shaves ahead.

Monsavon shaving soap is another though it is probably just hard to get (in the US).

Vulfix boar brushes.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Mmmmmm...the most underated shaving product?
proxy.php

My vote goes to my one & only 'go-to' soap...VDH Deluxe!!!!

Interms of performance...it's a awesome soap; cheap (approx $1.60US per puck), readily available in most shops (i.e., Walmart), great lather, lubercation, cushion and glide. It's hypo-allergenic and contains 40% moisturizers, including Aloe Vera & Shea Butter with no animal products and no harsh chemicals to irritate my sensitive skin (for further input, see the Reviews for this soap). :thumbsup:

:straight: "Laughter is the [lather]...that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart." Mort Walker ]

Attachments

• $wm_normal_shave_soap.jpg
    $wm_normal_shave_soap.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:
Hmmm....underrated you ask??

Whilst not a product I must say that very often technique is underrated and too many products, whilst otherwise fair value, get poor reviews because of same.

But to be true to the spirit of the thread I'll add alum. I still read post afte post from blokes who ***** about burn and irritation who don't do an alum pass post-shave.

The Tweezerman brush, it is normally under $15 shipped. Great brush, cheap, good way to try a badger without spending a lot.

Some products don't get as much attention as they deserve.

Lord LP1822 aka L6 razor (with the casted head) is one for sure; for around $10 you have years worth of quality shaves ahead.

Monsavon shaving soap is another though it is probably just hard to get (in the US).

Vulfix boar brushes.

A friend picked me up a Monsavon from France earlier this year. My first few attempts went badly, but with a few months more experience behind me I went back to it and love it now. I could happily use it every day forever, and I don't think I could say that about another soap i've tried.

Omega 49. Every shaver should have at least one. The Tweez and the Shea Badger Brush are great entry level brushes, but I wouldn't take 20 of them for one Omega 49.

OK, lots of guys here have only mentioned software, so I'm going to go with what is perhaps the most under-rated DE razor on the planet: the Schick Krona. It's a great shaver, and because in most re-sellers' and buyers' minds it's "NOT a Gillette", it often goes for pennies.

For some reason, the head design makes finding the correct angle very intuitive, and the handle (while far from museum-quality) is grippy and just the right length for me. The shave? It's about as agressive as a flare-tip SS--but at less than half the price. Overall, a great razor that you can pick up for next to nothing.

Mmmmmm...the most underated shaving product?
proxy.php

My vote goes to my one & only 'go-to' soap...VDH Deluxe!!!!

Interms of performance...it's a awesome soap; cheap (approx $1.60US per puck), readily available in most shops (i.e., Walmart), great lather, lubercation, cushion and glide. It's hypo-allergenic and contains 40% moisturizers, including Aloe Vera & Shea Butter with no animal products and no harsh chemicals to irritate my sensitive skin (for further input, see the Reviews for this soap). :thumbsup:

:straight: "Laughter is the [lather]...that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart." Mort Walker ]

I second this

Interesting, since I was thinking of listing the VDH in the 'overrated thread'....clearly different folks different strokes!

I'm of the same opinion. The only "value" I can see to VDH/Conk is they are often available locally.

I agree with another poster that the Shick Krona is way too often overlooked as a good quality razor.

Most under rated would be Gillette Super Thin blades from Thailand. WONDERFUL blades from a world known manufacturer and a stellar reputation that go for less that twenty bucks for 120 blades delivered!

Synthetic brushes. KMF creams, BIC chromes, Osage rub, shower shaving, cold water shaving. Vulfix, and anything with the word LORDD on it, super underrated.

Last edited:
Vitos Cream - True the scent is like weak Proraso + plastic but the performance is fantastic and at around $12 for 500g it's practically a steal.
Parker shave brushes - I see no love for these even though the quality is on par with many brushes twice as expensive. In particular, the pure badger is a great brush for the money.

Top Bottom